Win MCE Remote worked in v11, not in v12
I have an HP Windows Media Center remote that I've used with XBMC on my HTPC since version 10. It had never failed me. When I installed the recent version 12 final release, the remote no longer does anything inside of XBMC. This remote worked out of the box on prior versions without anything needing to be configured. Is there something extra that I need to do with the new version of XBMC to get my remote functionality back?

Also I should clarify that I took the opportunity to do a clean install of version 12, rather than install over my version 11. Also I should note that in troubleshooting this problem with the remote, I removed v12 and installed v11 again, and sure enough the remote worked. Installed v12 and it stopped working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Under Frodo (v12), enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and press the various buttons on your remote (pausing a few seconds between each key press making a note of the time and sequence in which you pressed the buttons), exit XBMC and examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see if the button presses were recognized by XBMC and, if so, what action (if any) was taken after each of the button presses.
(2013-02-02, 22:22)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Under Frodo (v12), enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and press the various buttons on your remote (pausing a few seconds between each key press making a note of the time and sequence in which you pressed the buttons), exit XBMC and examine your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) to see if the button presses were recognized by XBMC and, if so, what action (if any) was taken after each of the button presses.

Thanks. I've tried your suggestion, and since the logs are pretty overwhelming, I decided to surround my remote button presses with key presses from my keyboard. It appears that there is nothing being logged at all for the remote button presses.
So this make no sense. I (out of desperation) uninstalled my MCE IR receiver from device manager and then lugged it back in. It now works in Frodo.

I'm just glad I got it fixed!

Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote worked in v11, not in v120