• 3(current)
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )
(2013-03-08, 19:39)NoToFate Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 09:06)davorf Wrote: I have tried this build, but I'm having two problems. First, I have all my multimedia on shared HDD of one PC, which I can't access from XBMC (other builds of XBMC I've tried could access it). Second problem is screen resolution. In settings, it says I'm using 1280 X 720p resolution, but on TV, XBMC GUI is bigger than screen (TV is Full HD 1920 X 1080p). Hope someone could help me solve these problems with some suggestions.

Best regards.

Hi
I've tested with SMB share and it's working fine! try to upgrade to ICS if not yet.
For TV resolution, try changing the zoom mode from TV Menu to 'full' that can get it working!

I have 4.0.4 Android (not that much into their naming policy, but I think that's ICS). First thing I've tried, was to change mode on TV Smile But I can just stretch it more. When I start this Android computer, at first, resolution is OK, and everything fits screen, but after I start XBMC, it streches, and it stays streched after exiting XBMC, so Android GUI is streched too (wasn't streched before starting XBMC, and goes back to normal after i reboot computer).

Best regards.
(2013-03-08, 09:06)davorf Wrote: I have 4.0.4 Android (not that much into their naming policy, but I think that's ICS). First thing I've tried, was to change mode on TV Smile But I can just stretch it more. When I start this Android computer, at first, resolution is OK, and everything fits screen, but after I start XBMC, it streches, and it stays streched after exiting XBMC, so Android GUI is streched too (wasn't streched before starting XBMC, and goes back to normal after i reboot computer).

Best regards.

Try Settings/display/Display output mode and set the output mode to HDMI 1080 and then launch XBMC it should work. I had the same issue with my MK802II stick and it solved the problem!

Regards
So how does this build perform? How well does it handle 720P MKV 4.3 Gb and MKV 1080P 8 GB movies?

Well, I recently tried this build and here is my report;

It is indeed a great improvement compared to what I have seen. It can handle these x.264 720p and 1080p releases with L4.1, but the framerate is still not stable at 23.97 FPS yet. It still switches from 20 to 23.97 fps, but I hope more progress will be made soon and I thank all developers for the hourd of work you made. The stick I use only cost 35 USD incl. shipping even Tongue
(2013-03-09, 22:44)NoToFate Wrote:
(2013-03-08, 09:06)davorf Wrote: I have 4.0.4 Android (not that much into their naming policy, but I think that's ICS). First thing I've tried, was to change mode on TV Smile But I can just stretch it more. When I start this Android computer, at first, resolution is OK, and everything fits screen, but after I start XBMC, it streches, and it stays streched after exiting XBMC, so Android GUI is streched too (wasn't streched before starting XBMC, and goes back to normal after i reboot computer).

Best regards.

Try Settings/display/Display output mode and set the output mode to HDMI 1080 and then launch XBMC it should work. I had the same issue with my MK802II stick and it solved the problem!

Regards

I will try that, and if I make any progress, I will test playback and report the results back. Thank you for your help.

Best regards
(2013-03-09, 22:44)NoToFate Wrote:

Best regards.

Regards

After switching PX to 1080p and display area to 100% (it was set to 90%, so, I'm not sure if this was root of the problem), screen size is OK. Thank you for your help. I'm still having this network sharing issues, so I wasn't been able to try playback yet.

Best regards
https://www.box.com/s/n876hig7s67b0d9js5o7 is the build I compiled using chevil's diff file. It should perform the same as NoToFate's build in theory, but I wanted to put it up for tequila to see if SMB works for him, and it's working for me with the build I compiled.

Performance for me personally has been a hit and miss. Some MKVs that I made of DVDs via makemkv work decent, while others still lag. I also tried a MKV of a BluRay I ripped, and performance was horrible.

For people saying that they're getting decent performance, could you post a link to the files you're using to test performance?
I've finally managed to solve network sharing issue. It wasn't related to XBMC, but there was a problem with sharing in Windows 7 (had to change two registry values to make it work). I have tried few 720p mkv files, but they were pretty laggy. Don't have any 1080p video to test. Standard definition videos plays fine. Also, if I set PX to 1080p in Andorid (so XBMC and Android GUI doesn't stretch outside viewable area), 720p videos are played in the upper-left part of the screen (XBMC GUI stays in place, but most of the screen is black and video is about 1/4 size of the screen). It plays videos over whole screen when I change PX to 720p, but then whole GUI stretches outside the screen borders.

Best regards.
(2013-03-13, 17:48)sonrah Wrote: https://www.box.com/s/n876hig7s67b0d9js5o7 is the build I compiled using chevil's diff file. It should perform the same as NoToFate's build in theory, but I wanted to put it up for tequila to see if SMB works for him, and it's working for me with the build I compiled.

Performance for me personally has been a hit and miss. Some MKVs that I made of DVDs via makemkv work decent, while others still lag. I also tried a MKV of a BluRay I ripped, and performance was horrible.

For people saying that they're getting decent performance, could you post a link to the files you're using to test performance?

I have tried random scene releases of movies and they run just OK, but not perfect. They play between 19-24 fps. They are typically 720P and 1080P MKVs high profile with 5.1 sound
Ok, So I installed NoToFate's build and I had a mixed experience. AVIs and MKVs ran just fine. At start they were very laggy for about 2 seconds and then they ran about 24fps. My mixed experience comes from MP4s. Most of my mp4s are not playing any video. There's sound, but just a black screen. Any thoughts?
I keep my fingers crossed and hope further improvements could be made to this stick
I have a mk-802 II, and the performance with the build from sonrah works for me better than official builds or nightly builds from XMBC, but I have one problem with the resolution.

Under Settings->Display->Display Output mode.
HMDI-720P 60 MHKZ->Looks ok outside XBMC, but after enter in XBMC the window made some type of zoom and I lost more of less 10% of the window
HMDI-1080P 60 MHKZ->After enter in XMBC no zoom effect but my MKV 480P file used for testing not fill all the window.

I think that NoToFate have the same hardware, I need to change other setting different than "Settings->Display->Display Output mode."?
(2013-03-17, 02:06)jporterweb Wrote: Ok, So I installed NoToFate's build and I had a mixed experience. AVIs and MKVs ran just fine. At start they were very laggy for about 2 seconds and then they ran about 24fps. My mixed experience comes from MP4s. Most of my mp4s are not playing any video. There's sound, but just a black screen. Any thoughts?

Same issue here with just black screen. Never the less it runs very stable on my gooseberry. Smile Thanks a lot for this build.

How can I change the resolution? It sees to be stuck at 800x480p.
Ok, the resolution is fixed because if android. I have to install a custom rom change it.
Not sure if this will help you guys: https://github.com/goland/xbmc/tree/mast.../cores/a10
On a computer monitor there no odd resolution change CGarces mentioned but on a tv this does happen.

Hardware acceleration is clearly working if lacking some minor tweaking as i could play Avatar over wireless with only minor stuttering on my mk802II.
Very nice work in a short time to make all the allwinner people happySmile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )2