How to disable right analog stick of XBOX 360 controller
Hi I'm using a Wireless XBOX 360 Controller to control XBMC 12.0. And it works great except my controller is old and is registering movements in right analog stick even when I don't move it. Which stops me from using other buttons because XBMC is trying to change the volume. Basically I want to disable the right analog stick (up and down movements) on my controller. I think you can do this by creating a keymap.xml file and disabling axis mapping "5" on the controller. I just don't know exactly how to do this.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...er_Section

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Try setting it to nothing:

<axis id="1" limit="-1"></axis>
<axis id="1" limit="+1"></axis>
<axis id="2" limit="-1"></axis>
<axis id="2" limit="+1"></axis>
<axis id="3" limit="+1"></axis>
<axis id="3" limit="-1"></axis>
<axis id="4" limit="-1"></axis>
<axis id="4" limit="+1"></axis>
<axis id="5" limit="-1"></axis>
<axis id="5" limit="+1"></axis>

Also: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=135871
Do "noop" for the action, like <axis id="1" limit="-1">noop</axis>

noop is for "no operation".

You can also try using the deadzone setting in advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
(2015-04-17, 05:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Do "noop" for the action, like <axis id="1" limit="-1">noop</axis>

noop is for "no operation".

You can also try using the deadzone setting in advancedsettings.xml (wiki)

From link:

The controller deadzone is the region of movement around the center which is not recognized by the device. Because joysticks can have noise (report motion when still) and bias (report an offset when centered), spurious events can be reported even though the controller isn't being touched. If you notice these kinds of events, you most likely need to increase your controller's deadzone (both axes recommended). The values range from 0.0 (no deadzone, Kodi will see all input your controller is capable of registering) to 1.0 (it will ignore all input inside of the device's physical limits).

Example:

<controllerdeadzone>0.2</controllerdeadzone>
The controller dead zone setting was exactly what I was looking for. Thank both for responding! I can't believe you found this thread, after 2 plus years.
Thanks for the feedback on this. I think our next step will be collecting info from various users and trying to find out a new safe default for the deadzone.
I recently discovered that Kodi crashes the moment it detects an Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel connected to the system, but that's a post for another day once I dig up a crash log. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable right analog stick of XBOX 360 controller0