Suggested Method for Scheduling Recordings
I've been using Myth off and on for eight years now.
I love this latest hybrid incarnation with XBMC as the frontend. One thing I haven't adequately handled is scheduling new recordings. I've been using Mythweb to do so, but i'm curious if there's a better, more integrated solution that others are using?
I use Mythweb as well, I even used it when we were using Mythfrontend as well. Its just nice to be able to set up custom power searches and make edits from my computer.
I don't think their is a better solution Mythweb is excellent albeit a clunky design as if programmers made it.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
I've only ever used mythweb since i've been using mythtv starting in like... 2004.
XBMC currently lacks the "Delete & Re-Record" option, which is handy when you find that a program didn't record properly. MythWeb does give you that ability.
I guess there a couple things driving this question.

One is that while watching live tv and trolling around the EPG (or seeing a commercial) I'll see a show I want to set a recording schedule for. I'd be nice if i could do that right in Xbmc.

The second is that I'm trying to clean up my recording schedules (I have some schedules which were created because of MythWeb odd-ness - 60 Minutes: Sports Edition, for example, when all I wanted was 60 minutes) and MythWeb is not allowing me to do that (why can't I just delete a schedule?).

I thought maybe others might have a better solution for managing these.
Power Searches can be very powerful in mythtv for problem program names, not very user friendly though.

you can be pretty specific about what you want with AND,OR,NOT and brackets etc..

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Recording
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggested Method for Scheduling Recordings0