• 3(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Hello everybody.
I am quite new on XBMC and didn't follow the older DSPlayer thread, so forgive if this will be a stupid question: does DSPlayer allows the usage of madVR?

Thank you!
Dakkar
You can launch external players (MPC HC) and then use madVR, but mavVR is not within DSplayer.
http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...12.0-Frodo
12.0 Frodo final DSPlayer has been merged.

I will be able to build it on thursday if Roman isn't faster.
Everything is running very smoothly for my setup, the only question I have is about the XBMC EVR renderer that is being used. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color range from 0-255 to 16-235? The picture still looks really good, but I'm noticing that it is a little dark and I think it has to do with the XBMC EVR that is being used and I already have LAV Video set to 16-235. Does anyone think a thread for picture quality settings would be useful? I think it would be cool and useful to compare different setups and picture quality. We could compare renderers, filters, decoders, splitters, etc with PQ and general performance.
(2013-02-06, 18:20)panni Wrote: http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...12.0-Frodo

Not that simple. There seems to be some mix-up with branches. I'll wait until Eduard clarifies the issue.
(2013-02-06, 18:48)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 18:20)panni Wrote: http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...12.0-Frodo

Not that simple. There seems to be some mix-up with branches. I'll wait until Eduard clarifies the issue.

You can add the problem with concerts to the bug list Wink can you report that too please?

Also builds after 12.0 frodo final should be in DSplayer for Gotham, that would make sense, so in fact we were 2 topics behind Wink
(2013-02-06, 18:40)tman12 Wrote: Everything is running very smoothly for my setup, the only question I have is about the XBMC EVR renderer that is being used. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the color range from 0-255 to 16-235? The picture still looks really good, but I'm noticing that it is a little dark and I think it has to do with the XBMC EVR that is being used and I already have LAV Video set to 16-235. Does anyone think a thread for picture quality settings would be useful? I think it would be cool and useful to compare different setups and picture quality. We could compare renderers, filters, decoders, splitters, etc with PQ and general performance.

I use FFDSHOW for my videos and I change between 0-255 and 16-235 with the "profiles" function.
I use a remote controller with EventGhost and the plug-in called "ffdshow" then I can change the profile used by ffdshow.
If you're interested I can tell you more.

Regards.
(2013-02-06, 18:48)Roman_V_M Wrote: Not that simple. There seems to be some mix-up with branches. I'll wait until Eduard clarifies the issue.

My doubts have been cleared, so you can safely checkout "dsplayer_12.0-Frodo" branch - it is the correct one.

(2013-02-06, 19:39)Skank Wrote: You can add the problem with concerts to the bug list Wink can you report that too please?

Only after I investigate the issue myself so that I can describe the symptoms (beyond "something doesn't work") and steps to reproduce.
(2013-02-06, 21:28)FCB38 Wrote: I use FFDSHOW for my videos and I change between 0-255 and 16-235 with the "profiles" function.
I use a remote controller with EventGhost and the plug-in called "ffdshow" then I can change the profile used by ffdshow.
If you're interested I can tell you more.

Regards.

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't ffdshow a decoder? I'm already pretty happy with LAV for the decoding and like I said I can change that to 16-235, but I'm pretty sure the renderer (in my case XBMC EVR) is not using that range. I'm mainly looking for settings that can be changed in XBMC EVR or maybe I will just use a different renderer if that is possible. Like I said, the picture quality is still very good but I prefer a more natural picture and right now it looks a little too digitized or dark - which is a problem IMO with using 0-255. I guess I could simply adjust brightness/contrast in the player and set to default but I don't really like the thought of having to do that.

EDIT: I just realized that you can change the color range by editing the xml file with the appropriate value, reading the Wiki is helpful! - Doh
(2013-02-06, 21:31)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 18:48)Roman_V_M Wrote: Not that simple. There seems to be some mix-up with branches. I'll wait until Eduard clarifies the issue.

My doubts have been cleared, so you can safely checkout "dsplayer_12.0-Frodo" branch - it is the correct one.

(2013-02-06, 19:39)Skank Wrote: You can add the problem with concerts to the bug list Wink can you report that too please?

Only after I investigate the issue myself so that I can describe the symptoms (beyond "something doesn't work") and steps to reproduce.

ok Smile im sure you can reproduce it
At last we have a proper 12.0 build: The original post has been updated.
Excellent thanks. Looking forward to try it outSmile
(2013-02-06, 23:47)Roman_V_M Wrote: At last we have a proper 12.0 build: The original post has been updated.

Guess that proper build has bugs
The concerts still dont work!

The same frodo version but with the concerts fixed would be very, very welcome!
Roman, any chance you can forward my debug log to Eduard?
My issue is when I stop playing a video using DSPlayer, I get no navigation sounds and when I try to exit XBMC I get a black screen and can't access the desktop. I need to reboot the HTPC.
Also if I try to change the Audio settings under Settings/System/Audio after I played a video, XBMC crashes.
This happens only when I use DSPlayer. If I use DVDPlayer, no issues whatsoever.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=33748

Please thank him for all his hard work for all of us.
And thanks to you for being the 'messenger' between him and us.

One more thing, does anyone have a problem with fast forwarding? If I press the button once I see the x2 but it plays at reg speed and if I press more than once I can see x16 but it only fast forward at x2 speed.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
The latest alpha version which runs for me is based on http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...cd994c413b (1 commit before the last merge of the XBMC sources (http://git.avmedia.su/git/?p=xbmc.git;a=...2c7918af71)):

I couldn't get the current one to work. If anyone is interested in 28364fd341bdc25a17ebd992f592aacd994c413b, try it Smile

Current working alpha:
https://fragstore.net/panniweb/XBMCSetup...4fd-dx.exe
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8