Win Eden, import library (xml) issues
Hi all,

I am hoping someone here could advise me please. Most likely, it is a simple resolution that I have overlooked but I have searched the net and this forum to no avail.

I've been using XBMC for some time, but only recently started using the Windows version. I'm doing some work on my NAS so I moved all my data to a local volume on my Windows 7 PC (Which hosts XBMC Eden). I exported the video Library (Single file) and edited all the paths to reflect their respective new locations (from smb to d: ). I also update the sources.xml in the home directory.

The problem is, when I go to import the video library, the file browser does not show .xml files. I can browse to the folder where I exported to, but it cannot see the file. It also doesn't show advancedsettings.xml etc in the home directory.

Surely this is some trivial setting somewhere, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to rectify this please?

Any help gratefully received.

Dan
Ok a slight further request if anyone has the time to check for me please?

Can anyone with Windows Eden do this?

Go to Settings > Video > Library > Export Library (and choose "Single file" option)
Then in the same menu, go to "Import Library" and browse to the location you exported...

No need to follow through with the import (not that it would do anything anyway) but could anyone please advise me if they can see the xml or not? Is it just me who cant see it?

Thanks
I can't see the xml file either, but when I've choosed the directory where I saved the xml file and see the directories actors, movies, musicvideos and tvshows and choose OK the import starts, I think it's designed to assume that there is only one xml file in the directory you export to since the export creates a new directory.
Thanks. I wondered if that might be the case, however I haven't managed to get the import working that way either, but at least your confirmation there allows me to continue trying that method.

Thanks very much for jumping in. I really appreciate that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden, import library (xml) issues1