Synology NAS File Corruption?
I put a post in the Synology forums but I figured maybe I'd find someone knowledgeable about them here. It's a long story but I installed a beta of the OS and then reverted to the latest stable version (this is after I crashed my volume by shutting down improperly and losing all my data). I copied back a couple dozen MKV's of a TV show and when I try to play them in XBMC I just get a quick busy indicator and then just returned to the menu. I went to my computer and opened Media Player Classic and dragged one of the MKV's from the shared volume into it and it just remained paused. I tried it with one of the local source files and it played fine. So, I copied one of the files to the shared folder on the NAS and overwrote it and did the same thing and it played fine. So, I copied all 24 MKV's again and overwrote. Same problem now, now of them will play and all the file sizes match exactly to the source files. Anyone able to help me with this?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Well, for anyone who might have followed this, I solved it. I had to reinstall the 4.2 beta DSM in order for anything to work right.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology NAS File Corruption?0