[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories
Would love to see this working in Gotham.. just installed it and no category options appear in the context menu of an addon.

Thoughts?
did this ever get resolved?
^ i'd like to know too..
FWIW, It seems to be working on Helix. And after much trial and error, here's the syntax for favorites:

Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Categories Video" thumb="special://home/addons/script.categories/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://script.categories/?content_type=video)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Categories News" thumb="special://home/addons/script.categories/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://script.categories/?content_type=video&amp;mode=listCat&amp;url=News)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Categories Audio" thumb="special://home/addons/script.categories/icon.png">ActivateWindow(10501,plugin://script.categories/?content_type=audio)</favourite>
</favourites>

The escaped ampersands turned out to be crucial.
Hi this really is a great addon I have been using it for a couple of years now.

Just a quick problem, I can see that there hasn't been much talk about this addon in quite some time but I have an issue with an addon not launching from within Categories the same as mentioned in previous posts.

The addon is Exodus, all other addons launch no problem.

This applies to both V16 Jarvis & V17 Krypton.

It happens on a fresh installation with Categories and Exodus and also with older well used installations.

I'm not sure if it is the Categories addon that is at fault but from what Ive read in previous posts it may be.

If you can either fix this or detail the steps required for me to fix it by editing the code that would be great.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.
I took a big jump from Kodi 14 to Kodi 17 (due to hardware change/limits).  Migrated old addons and userdata.  Categories seems to still work (using xonfluence skin) for what was already set up.  However there is no context menu to edit any categories that I can tell.  Or maybe it's been so long I've forgotten how to use it.  Is it dead?  Comments?  Thank you.
still works on 18 open in add ons and add plugins
Wink 
Hi, i have a question.

With this plugin i can make my OWN movie categories/genres based on my library?

I know Kodi does it automatic. But in the way that Kodi do the genres is not handy at all.

1. I don't know how disable the default genres on Kodi.
2. I don't know IF this or another add-on can do the job and how do that.

Thank you very in advance for any help or clue.

Have a nice day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories7