[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories
v1.0.7 (Eden) / v2.0.7 (Frodo) is now availabe via the xbmc.org repo...
@PatrickBateman: You can now also rename whole categories via context menu! - But probably you have already done this by hand.

(2013-02-06, 03:44)spyder Wrote: Also, your first post now lists the favourites.xml, does this mean we can add favorites to categories?
No, it just shows how you can add "Categories" to favourites.xml.
"Categories" is only for adding add-ons to categories.

If you want to add any media to playlists/categories, you can try SimplePlaylists...
I played with this script last night and it s ....great, really great thanks a lot!
I was asking for something like that in the feature suggestion some month ago and you made it a reality!!
Thanks, it is really usefull!
Just a question, will you consider to add the favourite into categorizable items? Or is it not possible?
Again thanks!
Cheers
(2013-02-12, 01:05)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.0.7 (Eden) / v2.0.7 (Frodo) is now availabe via the xbmc.org repo...
@PatrickBateman: You can now also rename whole categories via context menu! - But probably you have already done this by hand.

(2013-02-06, 03:44)spyder Wrote: Also, your first post now lists the favourites.xml, does this mean we can add favorites to categories?

If you want to add any media to playlists/categories, you can try SimplePlaylists...
I went through some of the SimplePlaylists thread and noticed it mentioned adding subfolders
'" - Added support for adding full albums (via json), full tv-shows and directories (useful for addons and addon-subfolders)"
Does this open the playlist to the subfolders added, or just start playing the items? The reason I am asking is because I would like to add multiple video addons with 'Movies' sections to one favorites/playlist folder. That way when you were looking for new movies you could have a folder that had all addons movies subfolders in one place.
Thanks, was hoping for this for a long time. Will check it out once i'm back home.
(2013-02-12, 01:05)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.0.7 (Eden) / v2.0.7 (Frodo) is now availabe via the xbmc.org repo...

Awesome!
I honestly can't stress just how useful this is. It really should be part of xbmc by default. It's allowed me to rediscover many apps I used to ignore due to numerous organisational reasons. Now, on my home page I have a categories link that launches my categories list news/videos/tv/trailers/sports/tech/gaming etc etc and it's truly wonderful.

I have been able to catagorise all of "her" apps into a celeb/gossip catagory too meaning that I never need see them again!

I have apx 200 apps installed (plugins/scrips/addons) and this is now my most used app as I use it to find my apps! Big Grin

Best/most useful xbmc customisation app around.

Thanks for making this and sharing it with the community.
(2013-02-12, 08:06)bakito Wrote: I played with this script last night and it s ....great, really great thanks a lot!
I was asking for something like that in the feature suggestion some month ago and you made it a reality!!
Thanks, it is really usefull!
(2013-02-12, 14:49)robeg Wrote: Thanks, was hoping for this for a long time.
Nice! Smile

(2013-02-12, 08:06)bakito Wrote: Just a question, will you consider to add the favourite into categorizable items? Or is it not possible?
Again thanks!
Cheers
Not really possible (via this addon) - Its only for adding addons.
To use categories/folders with favourites, "script.favourites" has to be rewritten/changed...

(2013-02-12, 14:29)spyder Wrote: I went through some of the SimplePlaylists thread and noticed it mentioned adding subfolders
'" - Added support for adding full albums (via json), full tv-shows and directories (useful for addons and addon-subfolders)"
Does this open the playlist to the subfolders added, or just start playing the items? The reason I am asking is because I would like to add multiple video addons with 'Movies' sections to one favorites/playlist folder. That way when you were looking for new movies you could have a folder that had all addons movies subfolders in one place.
Yes, you can add any online/offline content (Files, folders, addons) to playlists/folders.
For example you can add all trailer stuff (addons, addon subfolders) to a playlist/folder "Trailers"...

(2013-02-12, 16:00)PatrickBateman Wrote: Awesome!
I honestly can't stress just how useful this is. It really should be part of xbmc by default. It's allowed me to rediscover many apps I used to ignore due to numerous organisational reasons. Now, on my home page I have a categories link that launches my categories list news/videos/tv/trailers/sports/tech/gaming etc etc and it's truly wonderful.

I have apx 200 apps installed (plugins/scrips/addons) and this is now my most used app as I use it to find my apps! Big Grin

Best/most useful xbmc customisation app around.
Thanks for making this and sharing it with the community.
Really great to hear that you like/use/need it so much... Smile
My addons were also really messed up before this addon. Now I also use addons I totally forgot before...

(2013-02-12, 16:00)PatrickBateman Wrote: I have been able to catagorise all of "her" apps into a celeb/gossip catagory too meaning that I never need see them again!
Yeah! Wink
Idea: An automatically created category "Top10 Addons" with the most executed addons! Could be useful...
Of course, if you dont want that - I can add a setting to enable/disable it. Or also a blacklist with addon IDs not to show up.
(2013-02-12, 23:14)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Idea: An automatically created category "Top10 Addons" with the most executed addons! Could be useful...
Of course, if you dont want that - I can add a setting to enable/disable it. Or also a blacklist with addon IDs not to show up.

Let it come. Its great addon and your new additions will just improve it.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Great addon should be implemented into next version of xbmc, one thing though addons don't shows version number when viewing through Categories, can you please implement that?
Thanks
(2012-02-07, 08:59)bakito Wrote: Hello everyone!
I'm tweaking xbmc for quite a long time now,discovering many differents skins that are really great so thanks to the xbmc team and the skinners for their great work!

I was wondering if it was possible to give XBMC the possibility to organized favourites through categories..."video" "music" "catch up" "games" "web tv"....so every skin would have the possibility to add this categories in the home menu without use of "custom favourite" with "custom submenu" for this favourite ( few skin offer this and it's quite useful)
so if it's done directly in xbmc everyskin could be even more customizable with an home menu more complete and ergonomic!

I don't know if it's possible ( or difficult) as I'm no coder at all but it seems to me that it'd be a great xbmc's option.

anyway thanks to everyone for their great job!

cheers

well too bad for favourite categories but that's ok, it's already a great addon for xbmc!!
I just quote myself from a post last year to show you how I was waiting for the add on you make!
Again thank you very much, now xbmc is even more easy and convinient!
cheers
Hi addonScriptorDE, here translation for Portuguese (Brazil), thanks

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Catego...trings.xml

Wanilton
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2013-02-13, 01:17)ykhehra1 Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 23:14)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Idea: An automatically created category "Top10 Addons" with the most executed addons! Could be useful...

Let it come. Its great addon and your new additions will just improve it.
The Top10 thing has some disadvantages about how the addon will be started - Maybe later, when I find a better way...

(2013-02-13, 16:10)al101 Wrote: Great addon should be implemented into next version of xbmc, one thing though addons don't shows version number when viewing through Categories, can you please implement that?
Thanks
Sure, will try to add it...

(2013-02-13, 16:15)bakito Wrote: I just quote myself from a post last year to show you how I was waiting for the add on you make!
Again thank you very much, now xbmc is even more easy and convinient!
cheers
Nice to hear! Smile

(2013-02-13, 17:44)Wanilton Wrote: Hi addonScriptorDE, here translation for Portuguese (Brazil), thanks

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/Catego...trings.xml

Wanilton
Thanks! Smile
Will add it to the next version...
Small / weird bug

I can't seem to launch tvcatchup from Within catagorys.. If i come out and go to video addons it works perfectly but trying to launch from withing catagorys fails to launch?

Any ideas?
(2013-02-27, 23:53)PatrickBateman Wrote: Small / weird bug

I can't seem to launch tvcatchup from Within catagorys.. If i come out and go to video addons it works perfectly but trying to launch from withing catagorys fails to launch?

Any ideas?
Thanks for reporting! Smile I couldnt test this because i have no tvcatchup account, but i think i fixed the issue! (I had also problems with another addon)
Please try with the new version...

v1.0.8 (eden) / 2.0.8 (frodo):
- Added Portuguese (Brazil) strings (thx@Wanilton)
- Fixed problem with addons using the "content_type" parameter
- Added setting for showing the number of addons and addon version in title
- Added setting for notifications
No worries Big Grin

And thank you again, so much, for updating, fixing and creating this plugin it's an absolute godsend Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Categories - Add your addons to categories7