Win Playback stutter after some minutes.
What should I do now?
Are you running to a receiver or to a TV?

If it's to a TV set your speakers to 2.0 and disable DTS-capable receiver in the Audio Output settings.

A quick read thru the stickied post on How to Troubleshoot Frodo Audio at the top of the Windows Support sub-forum would be a good way to verify your settings too.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just re-read your first log - one other thing to do is disable "Sync Playback to Display" under Video Playback options - never good for passthrough audio.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I disabled "Sync Playback to Display", but the problem remained.
I then decided to disable hardware acceleration (DXVA2) and the problem is gone.
Reactivated all the add-on and set XBMC as usual, but with DXVA disabled, and everything works normally.
Is it possible that the problem is hardware acceleration?
Never had any problems with hardware acceleration with Dharma and Eden. It is a pity it does not work correctly with Frodo

If it helps I can also post the log of the working configuration.
i have heard of DXVA2 issues but rarely indeed. The video drivers would then be the obvious suspect. Rolling them back has helped in some cases.
Exactly the same problem here, around every 15 minutes the video and sound stutters badly in Frodo. I need DXVA for the deinterlacing so that's not an option to disable. I've gone back to Eden until this is fixed - which has no such issue. Running with HDMI pass through, with NFS.

Running on an AMD A6-3500 and Asrock A75M-ITX.
Well since all these problems all seem to be with AMD so I'm not sure there is something to fix in XBMC, it could to be either a driver problem or AMD have changed something in their implementation of DXVA.
(2013-02-08, 10:59)plinkyplonky Wrote: Running on an AMD A6-3500 and Asrock A75M-ITX.
Similar configuration:
AMD A6-3650 APU + Asrock a75pro4-m
Maybe the problem is limited to Apu

Doesn't have that Problem with a10-5700 apu on F2-a85m-pro. Using latest catalyst(13.1) on win7...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
The AMD A6-3500 and A6-3650 APU are Llano, while A10-5700 is Trinity.

Unfortunately, after more tests I found that the problem is not resolved. The other night I saw a video and after 28-30 minutes (14-15x2) the problem has come back. After a few more minutes XBMC froze and then crashed.
I feel to exclude that the problem is due to the hardware acceleration. I saw a Bluray 3d movie with another player with DXVA enabled without problems.
tried this from the sticky thread? :

i. AVR issue (HDMI only)

Modern AVR with HDMI will usually support CEC (different manufactures have their own names for this) and the option to pass audio onto the HDMI out of the AVR, both of these can cause issues if enabled. If the of Sound - Playback devices in Windows reports the AVR then this should generally be ok, if however it reports the name of the TV then this is indication that something is not right.

Make sure all configuration is done with the AVR on and connected to the PC in order for Windows to properly detect the AVR, if you're not sure on the order things were powered up then reboot Windows while leaving Windows.

For Onkyo:

In Hardware Setup -> HDMI
Audio TV Out - Off
HDMI Control (RIHD) - Off
Power Control - Off
TV Control - Off

For Yamaha:

HDMI Control - Off
Audio Output - AMP

fixed it for my on my onkyo
I'll try.
However, even if it worked would not be a solution. HDMI CEC is a convenience that does not give up and that has always worked with previous versions of XBMC.
Perhaps the real solution is that Frodo is not perfect and needs improvement.
Interesting, I have this same problem which I only noticed when I moved to Frodo (I run the nightly builds) Every once in a while the audio/video stutters to a halt, then just picks back up and moves on. I'll try the suggestions as well.
What is your configuration?
I have this same problem on at least 3 of my pc's, every 15 minutes there is a freeze for a few seconds. Doesn't matter whether it is xvid, mp4, mkv or blu-ray iso. 1 pc is connected to a receiver, the others are not. All use HDMI.

All Intel cpus, 2 with nvidia gpus, 1 with Intel integrated. Win 8 and 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback stutter after some minutes.1