OS X Audio Issue
- I am running XBMC on my macbook pro

- files sent from the mini display port to HDMI on my LG TV

- the audio come from the TV speakers... no receiver yet

When I start up XBMC I open system settings and change the audio from internal to the HDMI LG setting it recognizes. I start up a movie, and everything is fine.

I then stop the movie and start a new one... the system setting changes by itself back to internal... and when I start up a second movie, a very loud and jarring hiss comes from the internal speakers of the laptop until I stop the movie. I then open the system settings again to change it back to the HDMI LG and though it illuminates the option the sound still comes from the laptop speakers (checked by reopening the system settings a third time and it has automatically gone back to internal). I have to restart XMBC every time to play a second movie.

This hasn't always happened. It started maybe a couple weeks ago. I haven't put anything on my computer, or changed any settings that I am aware of that would have done this.... but perhaps I did unknowingly. I thought about reinstalling XBMC, but I have meticulously gone through around 300 files and have chosen fan art and box art for my library.... and I'm pretty sure if I uninstall XMBC all of those settings will go away. If I am wrong about that let me know and I will give the reinstall a try... if that is the case though, can anyone think of a reason why this is happening?

Thank you!!!
debug log (wiki) needed - settings will stay untouched when reinstalling/updating xbmc. You might aswell try a nightly build which got some fixes for audio on osx aswell already...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Issue0