Vertical Scrolling, TV
Hi-

Aeon Nox 4.0 looks and works great with Frodo! Smile

It looks like the scrolling of TV Shows has changed from vertical to horizontal when you are using the BannerPLex viewtype.

I've tried to look for this setting, but can't seem to find it. Maybe I need to modify a file using the command line?

Thanks for your help!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
not there atm, but possible that it will return.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-02-04, 23:00)SpiderDice Wrote: Hi-

Aeon Nox 4.0 looks and works great with Frodo! Smile

It looks like the scrolling of TV Shows has changed from vertical to horizontal when you are using the BannerPLex viewtype.

I've tried to look for this setting, but can't seem to find it. Maybe I need to modify a file using the command line?

Thanks for your help!

Just open Viewtype_Banners.xml
Find:
Code:
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>

Replace with:
Code:
<orientation>vertical</orientation>

EDIT: Opps sorry Phil, we posted at the same time, my bad.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks! Where is the XML file located?

Nevermind, found it! Thanks!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
In the DRIVE:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i

EDIT:Thats in win 7 x64, but somewhere similar I would imagine if you use something else.
Logo's Made So Far:
I edited that file, and changed the orientation to vertical. I could only see one place in that file it could be changed. I rebooted.

Now, when XBMC boots up, I can't see any of the TV Shows, Movies, System, etc.

When I try to navigate and select something, nothing happens.

Oh no, looks like I really messed it up. Anyway I can re-install Aeon Nox again from the command line?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Sounds like you may have deleted something like a < or > just tested it on mine and works fine with the edit, want me to send you the edited file?
Logo's Made So Far:
Ya, that would be great! Thanks!
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
Ok here you go:
Download

I use the latest git so not sure that will matter, but you can try it, I also commented out the right and left arrows since it will scroll vertically it doesn't make sense to have the arrows on the sides.
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks for the file, but it doesn't seem to look like it worked.

Anyway I can just start over or reset everything?
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
You can PM me your Viewtype_Banners.xml file and I'll fix it for you
Logo's Made So Far:
ShadowTek, thanks for the suggestion! Switch from 'horizontal' to 'vertical' worked fine for me.

Phil, personally I prefer vertical for my BannerPlex view. While this is fine for me, I would love to see an option added to 'Viewtype Options' in the future Smile. Thanks for such an awesome skin, been using it for years!
This also worked fine for me. Two things I would like to change to make this look like the old version of Nox.

1. remove the arrows on the sides of the bannerplex. (personally i know which way I need to scroll)
2. pushing left brings up the side menu. (and just to make it perfect the arrow on the side menu would need to be changed.)

Anyway these can be accomplished?

Thanks
Just read the first page a little more thoroughly and noticed you had already comment out the arrows in the that other file. i will download t hat and find the info I need.

ok so that worked great too.

so the only thing left to make it perfect would be access to the side menu and the ability to wrap the list from top to bottom or vica versa.
This works, but things overlap, like show names go over the bar and you can see half a show banner on the bottom of the normal 3 banners. It's tolerable but a little annoying tbh. That overlap can be fixed if you use the alternative banner type.

Would like to see full support for it again as horizontal doesn't feel natural to me.

Oh! Also you can't press right or left to access the menu to edit it, you have to go all the way up to the top to get it. No big deal though and you can probably change this easily with some tweaking im sure.

Would anyone know if there is a way I can lower the location of the logo of the show? If I can drop it ~30 pixels it'll be fine.

Also what should I remove to get rid of the arrows? The file is now gone so I can't see Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vertical Scrolling, TV0