Solved Crash when opening movies list
I have been using XBMC 10 for a long time with no problems. At one point, and I assume it was one of the movies added to the library, XBMC crashed straight to desktop.
I can still open movies list if I filter it by ganre or such, but whenever I list it as complete "movies" list it just immediatelly crashes to desktop.

I have tried updating to XBMC 11, and completely wiping my library. It was working okay until rescanning was complete. Now again the same symptoms.
Not sure which movie is causing the problem, but I have a lot of them so trying to delete some is not really a happy solution.

Anyone knows how to procede here?
Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and reproduce your error (open movies list). After XBMC crashes, look in your debug log (wiki) (xbmc.log) and see what may have caused it to crash (e.g., problem trying a access a particular movie). If you wish others to review your log as well, upload its contents to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here with your reply.
Thanks for the reply!

Hello, I was reviewing the log but couldn't figure it out on my own...

I managed to solve it on my own however, even though I don't know what the problem was... I noticed that if I filter my movies list it doesn't always crash. By process of elimination figured it was one of the movies from 2012.
Further eliminating, I found out which movie it was (Maximum Conviction) and after deleting it and cleaning the library everything works 100%. The movie file was okay and playable, and I could see it in file view, but it seems that some of the data pulled for movie view caused the crash...
Hmm... I wonder if this problem is related to your other corrupted database problem where movie titles are missing? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154917

Or did this problem (corrupted movie file) occur after you had fixed the blank titles issue?
No, I believe it is unrelated... this is the timeline of my problems:

1. movie list started crashing
2. wiped entire database
3. rescanning produced new database with no titles
4. upon completed scanning database has no movie titles and is crashing again
5. wiped everything again and removed all movies from 2012
6. rescanning worked okay
7. started adding movie by movie from 2012 until I determined which movie was causing the crash
8. deleted movie in question, clean database from settings
9. no more problems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when opening movies list0