Frodo airplay issue
Hello all.

I recently upgraded to Frodo and the process was 99% pain free. there is this one little tiny thing that is driving me and my family nuts however.
here's the run down.

Windows 7 64bit
frodo final release installed as an upgrade to a no issue eden install

2 iOS devices in the house. both cause the same issue.
both run iOS 6.1
4th gen iPOD touch
iphone 5

when we start and airplay anything, video, music doesn't matter, the volume setting for XBMC will change. almost always down to nothing. the system volume is unchanged. we run the system with an MCE remote that Is not configured for XBMC (dont ask) and i have a mouse hidden behind the tv. you can imagine how frustrating it is to have to get up and use the mouse to get the XBMC volume to go back up when this happens.

I do have the XBMC remote app and the iphone can use it but for some reason the iPod crashes when we try it there and besides that's a work around. EDEN didn't do this, so why is FRODO?
The volume is adapted to what the ios devices send us. When airplay is enabled the volume controls on the ios device will control the volume of XBMC basically. So just change the volume on the ios devices (it remembers the volume setting for the airplay target automatically and will use this for later airplay sessions aswell). BTW - this is how apple does it on atv2 - so we copied that behavior.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-06, 14:21)Memphiz Wrote: The volume is adapted to what the ios devices send us. When airplay is enabled the volume controls on the ios device will control the volume of XBMC basically. So just change the volume on the ios devices (it remembers the volume setting for the airplay target automatically and will use this for later airplay sessions aswell). BTW - this is how apple does it on atv2 - so we copied that behavior.

Is there any way I can go in and disable this Airplay 'volume adaptation' code? However well intentioned, it really is a nuisance. I would rather Airplay not mess with XBMC's volume level. Thanks.
(2013-03-03, 09:10)mc33 Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 14:21)Memphiz Wrote: The volume is adapted to what the ios devices send us. When airplay is enabled the volume controls on the ios device will control the volume of XBMC basically. So just change the volume on the ios devices (it remembers the volume setting for the airplay target automatically and will use this for later airplay sessions aswell). BTW - this is how apple does it on atv2 - so we copied that behavior.

Is there any way I can go in and disable this Airplay 'volume adaptation' code? However well intentioned, it really is a nuisance. I would rather Airplay not mess with XBMC's volume level. Thanks.

One reason I asked the above question: When I'm playing an Airplay video I don't have any volume controls on my iOS device, so I would have to go into XBMC volume control and increase it there. The problem is I would have to do this each time I started/restarted an Airplay video. One solution I found was to Airplay a song from my iPod app. From there I did have volume controls on my iOS screen, adjusted them there, and from thence forth XBMC 'remembered' the new, louder volume adjustment. Everything's working well now. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo airplay issue0