Android using [ENTER] and [RETURN] to select menu items in XBMC
When using a standard keyboard with android, I can select items in menu's using the [ENTER] or [RETURN] keys,
however inside XBMC for android the [ENTER] or [RETURN] keys do not do anything,
and I must click on menu options from the menu using the mouse,
is there some special key I have to press to select items in android XBMC?
Those keys work fine for me in Android.
(2013-02-06, 02:52)DevoiD Wrote: When using a standard keyboard with android, I can select items in menu's using the [ENTER] or [RETURN] keys,
however inside XBMC for android the [ENTER] or [RETURN] keys do not do anything,

Same "problem"...
With a Logitech K400.
Is someone have a solution?
Hard to have a solution without having the problem. Give more info about your set up. What version of XBMC, what model of android device, etc.
On my Logitech K700 keyboard, there is one [Enter/OK] key, and one [OK] key (this second one is in the center of the D-PAD).

Both keys work on Android, but only [Enter/OK] key works on XBMC.

A quick check show that the [Enter/OK] key code is ENTER (scanCode 28), but the [OK] key code is NUMPAD_ENTER (scan code 96).

XBMC Android should support both key codes. This could be fixed manually by modify some XBMC keymap configuration.
I have spent 2 hours trying to map keys on the K700 keyboard to work on XBMC Android. However, XBMC seems to not recognize the NUMPAD_ENTER key, as well as many other K700 media keys, such as MEDIA_PLAY. I tried to get the keycode from the logfile, but all I can get for NUMPAD_ENTER is
Quote:22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: a0, sym: 0000, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: : Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf200
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: : 0 (f200) pressed, action is

Several people recommend using f200 as the keycode (61952). The problem is, XBMC return this keycode for all of the keys it doesn't understand (only different scancodes). Is there any way to get the real keycodes?

The other solution is modifying Android Keyboard Layout (\system\usr\keylayout\Generic.kl). I was able to make the NUMPAD_ENTER key to work in XBMC by modifying KEY 96 to ENTER. I don't like this approach as it modify system wide configuration, and still prefer being able to update XBMC keymap.
(2013-02-14, 18:19)khaivq Wrote: I have spent 2 hours trying to map keys on the K700 keyboard to work on XBMC Android. However, XBMC seems to not recognize the NUMPAD_ENTER key, as well as many other K700 media keys, such as MEDIA_PLAY. I tried to get the keycode from the logfile, but all I can get for NUMPAD_ENTER is
Quote:22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: a0, sym: 0000, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: : Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf200
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:55:43 T:1492236808 DEBUG: : 0 (f200) pressed, action is

Several people recommend using f200 as the keycode (61952). The problem is, XBMC return this keycode for all of the keys it doesn't understand (only different scancodes). Is there any way to get the real keycodes?

The other solution is modifying Android Keyboard Layout (\system\usr\keylayout\Generic.kl). I was able to make the NUMPAD_ENTER key to work in XBMC by modifying KEY 96 to ENTER. I don't like this approach as it modify system wide configuration, and still prefer being able to update XBMC keymap.

Same issue here with a k700, thanks for the work around to at least get the 'OK' button working. I'd also like to see proper support of this button as well as the other media buttons in the xbmc config but this will work fine.
(2013-02-10, 20:56)vinzqc Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 02:52)DevoiD Wrote: When using a standard keyboard with android, I can select items in menu's using the [ENTER] or [RETURN] keys,

Same "problem"...
With a Logitech K400.
Is someone have a solution?

Oh, I have one of those now! And a working android box. I'll test tonight.
And now I've done something bad as only the trackpad works, not just in xbmc either, all of android. Well this sucks.

*edit
False alarm, I had forgot to check the permissions on the Generic.kl file. ES File Explorer set it to be readable by root only, all is well now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
using [ENTER] and [RETURN] to select menu items in XBMC1