Bluray ISO playback
HI, I have a problem since I upgraded xbmc to frodo. I have PDVD installed on the same machine as XBMC. When I try to play a BluRay ISO XBMC starts PDVD which can't play the ISO.
How do I STOP XBMC from starting PDVD. I don't want it to run PDVD for ISOs or actual Blu Rays. I'm quite happy with XBMC to play them for me.
Are you using playcorefactory.xml in your xbmc data folder? It is normally in 'C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata. If so remove the codes for iso and bdmv.
No playcorefactory. Its the default one which has no reference to PDVD at all. If you select an ISO and click 'Giide' you get a menu which has some options. One of which is 'Play with' Selecting anything from here attempts to run PDVD. Another option 'Play from here' forces XBMC to play the iso itself which is what I want as the default behavoir.

There is no userdata\playcorefactory and as I said the system\playcorefactory has no reference to pdvd or any other external player.
I have upgraded to frodo also. Could domeone clarify, do I still need to have a bat file written to auto mount unmount an iso file on virtual clone drive. A brief summary of how to play blu ray iso might be useful as other forum answers are over 100 pages long and very confusing as to simple solution for Frodo. All want is to play iso with menu xbmc internal player setup on frodo "idiots" guide. Thanks.Nod
XBMC frodo plays iso files without mounting to a virtual drive and no external player is required. But to view menu you should use external player. A few of my isos are playing with slight jerk in xbmc so I'm using tmt5 as external player. For this the iso should be mounted.
You can do this "post #1610" to setup external player and do this "post #1629" to get playback options. After you clicked movie, it will give you options to select external player (TMT5, PDVD12, etc) and internal player (DVDPlayer). If you enjoy bluray menu, it is an excellent option.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi it says "Since ISO and BDMV are combined with a single .bat, you can delete the PlayBDMV.bat from roaming folder" and the second post only relates to playBDMV so do I only need to do the xml and bat from the first post?
ok this is what i want i want all iso files to mount to clone drive then total media theter to load auto to movie then when i cancel it goes back to xbmc it does that but now i cant seem to get the any streams to play with out selecting dvd for internal is there a line to add to this xml to get what im after keep in mind the auto mount play is set great but the streams dont play unless i select dvdplayer or they try and mount ty

this my set up for this to work please help me get just iso to mount and play with external total media theater all does work now eexcecpt reg streams try and mount

PlayDisc.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" e:

PlayISO.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" N:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

playercorefactory.XML
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\willi_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\willi_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I think the problem is with the rule for iso files. Try <rule filenames="iso" filetypes="iso" player="PlayISO"/>
well it worked enough. the iso I have to left click and tel it to play from iso.bat but streams start fine and having to left click is ok by me to start the iso but I know there is a way to set it up to just click on either stream or iso and have them play correctly to the correct player ty for your help
I install Macgo Blu-ray Player on my Mac to play Blu-ray ISO image files like Avatar. If you are a PC user, don't worry, it also supports Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray ISO playback0