Android XBMC Remote App Problem
Hi.

I have XBMC running on my Raspberry Pi and I can control it using the web interface on my wireless laptop and I can also control it via the web browser on my Andriod phone. I can't however get the XMBC Android app to work as a controller. See image:

The username and password are definitely correct - any suggestions?
Can anyone help with this please? What am I missing?
Which XBMC version and which remote app version are you running? Try another remote app, such as Yatse, and see if you get the same problem.
You may also want to change your password if I remember correctly there's some special characters that can generate problems.
I'm running XBMC on a raspberry pi and using the official XBMC remote app for Android. The current password is xbmc (ie no special characters).

Will try Yatse this evening.
Yatse works with the exact same settings. Not sure why the official app doesn't.
help remote not working correctly on android phone htc sensation after upgrading from 11.0 to 12.0 now playing not showing what is being played? when selecting albums, artists, compilations NullPointerException showing, when doing the same for movies, movie the same every thing worked fine when running 11.0 on my phone. i upgrade my pc to 12.0 as well.

any ideas?

thank you
Welcome to the XBMC forums, tpservices.

Be sure you update your Android remote app to the Frodo compatible version. Check your appstore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote App Problem0