• 39(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
Still using Arctic... with SSD and Aeon NOX.... Smile

and very anxious of the next Openelec build with the new gfx drivers Smile Smile Smile
if anyone is still interested in one of these I have my extra one for sale on ebay I love the thing
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231165221083?ssP...1555.l2649
sent you a msg on ebay.
Guys,

is there any word on whether the Arctic will run Android reasonably well? I got one of these amazing little Android boxes with Netflix, PlayStore, XBMC and all -- but would rather prefer the physical build and setup of the arctic over that tiny Android box.

So, thanks already for any experiences on whether the Arctic will run Android!

Cheers David.P
OK, I've tried it, and the MC 001 runs Android X86 4.4 beautifully -- however Netflix does not work (installs but does not play). Seems to be a general problem between Android X86 and Netflix.
(2015-01-10, 14:48)David.P Wrote: OK, I've tried it, and the MC 001 runs Android X86 4.4 beautifully -- however Netflix does not work (installs but does not play). Seems to be a general problem between Android X86 and Netflix.

Hi David.P

That's interesting to know - I never really thought about doing that - I just run Windows 8.1 on my 2.

So what is the reason to run Android rather than windows or Linux?

Rob
Google Store Appls?
(2015-01-11, 12:51)rob_webset Wrote: So what is the reason to run Android rather than windows or Linux?
  • Best WAF and KAF factor
  • Google App Store
  • Netflix
However, since Netflix does not work with AndroidX86 unfortunately, I'll be switching to one of these incredible small, incredible cheap, incredible powerful, incredible power-saving Android TV Boxes. Goodbye Openelec and TVHeadend, where especially the latter I will NOT be missing very much.

Cheers David.P
Anybody tried HBO on this thing? Is it underpowered for the task? Netflix works fine in high quality btw.
I see some seroius stuttering at times.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5