Moving from ReFocus to Aeon Nox...
Hi peeps
I have XBMC set up on 2 x AppleTV2's, a laptop, and two Android devices. All my media is on a NAS and i'm using mySQL for a central database. I'm running v11 Eden.

I have never found a skin both as great looking and functional as ReFocus so this is what i've had on the Apple Tv's for a while. But I would be interested to know how Aeon Nox 4 compares as it sounds really good.

One of the things I like most about ReFocus is the homescreen fanart slideshow and I understand Aeon also has this. But does it allow you to use a custom location for the fanart that it displays? This is a dealbreaker. Reason being;

- Ember Media Manager scrapes and puts fanart in my movie folders, and also copies each fanart to “backdrops” folder on NAS.
- On NAS, the best fanart is manually moved to “backdrops/XBMC”, while low quality/unwanted fanart moved to “backdrops/unused”
- XBMC skin (refocus) points to “backdrops/XBMC” for homescreen fanart so that I always have my best quality fanart.

Please could someone let me know if I can do this with Aeon Nox?

TIA
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

Don't know about fanart but Aeon Nox is an heavy skin and need powerful HTPC.

Apple TV2 and Android devices did not sound powerful :S

And you are running Eden, Aeon Nox 4.0.9 need XBMC 12 Frodo (Aeon Nox 3.6 is for Eden).

So before switching from ReFocus to Aeon Nox, just try Aeon Nox 3.6 on one of your ATV2 and Android device.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
To answer the fanart question yes, you can do that easily with Aeon Nox. You can set it to any folder/location you want.
(2013-02-06, 15:48)mikebzh44 Wrote: Don't know about fanart but Aeon Nox is an heavy skin and need powerful HTPC.

Apple TV2 and Android devices did not sound powerful :S

And you are running Eden, Aeon Nox 4.0.9 need XBMC 12 Frodo (Aeon Nox 3.6 is for Eden).

So before switching from ReFocus to Aeon Nox, just try Aeon Nox 3.6 on one of your ATV2 and Android device.

Ok. I guess my question is a little redundant then - I will probably switch to Frodo at some point but was waiting for final release and also not sure if I want to risk messing up my setup (if it aint broke dont fix it).

I will in any case try Aeon 3.6 in the meantime and see how it goes. If ATV2 is not powerful enough for Aeon though, I will stick with ReFocus.

thanks for your help.
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

Frodo is already stable.
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-02-06, 18:15)flekz Wrote: Ok. I guess my question is a little redundant then - I will probably switch to Frodo at some point but was waiting for final release and also not sure if I want to risk messing up my setup (if it aint broke dont fix it).

At last you come home..

Frodo Release,: Xbmc 12 standard Final version...

Forget eden..... past.. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from ReFocus to Aeon Nox...0