Win Random video/music playback?
Question 
Hello all,

Just started to playaround with this app as win8s messed up my media center useage. Sad
First of all this app looks great. and play back of files is great.
But one feature that I can't find is how to play back files randomly!

I Like to tell it to play my Music video files from the root folder and have it randomise all the videos in the root and sub-folders.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks
Deasun
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

While you can certainly queue items manually for an ad hoc "Now playing" playlist and, from the left slider menu, select "Shuffle", I think it's much easier in this case to use a Smart_playlist (wiki) if you have your media content already scanned into your library. You can create a new smart playlist for Movies containing items from (path) that (starts with) your top-level path for your media files and select order by (Random).

By the way, if by "root folder" you mean the root folder of your system, it's not a good idea to place your media files there along with system and other user folders/files since the scraper will scan all those other folders/files for movies and you'll undoubtedly end up with lots of bogus library items. However, if "root folder" refers to the top-level folder for your movie files, then that's fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random video/music playback?0