Xbmc 12 (Frodo) slow video playback
Hi all, I'm having the same playback issues with the new sound engine on the ATV2. I ran Frodo on iOS5 and didn't experience these issues however since upgrading to iOS6 the stuttering has appeared making some video's unplayable. Does anyone have any idea if there's potential for a long term fix, I'd prefer to not have to downgrade if I can avoid it.

Thanks.
no - who knows what apple did in the ios update. And who knows what they will do on the next. If ios5 worked for you and ios6 doesn't - then downgrade.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have just installed 12.1, same problem...
Hi All,

I am also having the same issue with Frodo (some of the 1080P files are buffering to the point of being unwatchable).
All seemed to work just perfect in Eden though.
I will mess with Audio settings as suggested above and will update if that makes any difference (although i think i have tried that on the day i installed Frodo but no luck).
In case this does not work ill have to go back to Eden.
My question is, does Eden support iOS 6?

Also can someone please share the link/ process to make donation to XBMC team?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Piyush
eden will not work with ios6 ... donation options can be found on xbmc.org
Hi All,

I tried all different possible audio and video setting but that particular file is still playing choppy.
If i try to play the same file using VLC on my laptop it plays fine but the moment i play it on apple TV all hell break loose.
I think there is something wrong with the file itself (either video or audio encoding) and one of them is not supported by the hardware decoder of apple TV.
I have downloaded mediainfo and would upload all the media related details in the evening.
On normal look, the file shows these values in XBMC: 1080P AVC1 AAC 2.0 BluRay
I have tried to play files with similar details and they play fine without any issues.
I will not downgrade to Eden (atleast not right away) and will test with more files.

Will keep updating the thread.

Thanks for all your help and support.

Regards
Piyush
I got the same issue... I suspect XBMC 12 have problems with Windows 7.
I receive all my component yesterday and start building my PC with these :

Motherboard : GA-F2A88XN-WIFI
APU : AMD A8-6600K Richland 3.9GHz (It's 4 Core 3.9 Ghz with ATI HD 8560)
SSD : 60 Go
Memory : 4 Go
Powersupply : 750 W Corsair

Everything connected to my Yamaha, then a 55 inch Samsung TV (all in HDMI)

So i build it, install the OS, install all the latest Gigabytes and ATI drivers, and then, install XBMC.

I spend 1 hrs try figure out why the video didn't play well (choppy a lot, my Raspberry Pi got a better job)

I notice someone put a earlier version of XBMC to fix his issue. So i put the Beta 13.1, and now it's working correctly.
No, probably not the same issue, since this is in the iOS forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc 12 (Frodo) slow video playback0