Bug Mysql: Video Lib works, Music Lib doesn't add anything
Hi!

I've searched around the whole www with google for the last 4 h, but wasnt able to find a solution for my problem Sad
Its late and i hope i didn't miss something, so please dont kill me if i was just to blind to see a already posted solution...

Setting:

XBMC (Frodo 12) on 3 diffrent machines, MYSQL Server on Win8 Machine.

Advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.16</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
   <name>xbmc_videos</name>    
  </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
   <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.16</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
  </musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

Video Libary is working fantastic on all machines.
Problem: Audio Libary doesnt work at all!

no matter from which machine i scan music files into the database, the database still keeps empty.
NOT the "real" Mysql Table, there are all songs written from the scanning process, but in XBMC the Libary mode just dont apear.

here's my xbmc.log after the scanning process:
http://pastebin.com/hJr8gEkx

as you can see, the error seems to be in the lower part of the logfile, for example:

Code:
00:00:41 T:4372   DEBUG: GetRecentlyAddedAlbumSongs() query: SELECT songview.* FROM (SELECT idAlbum FROM albumview ORDER BY idAlbum DESC LIMIT 10) AS recentalbums JOIN songview ON songview.idAlbum=recentalbums.idAlbum
00:00:41 T:4372   ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT songview.* FROM (SELECT idAlbum FROM albumview ORDER BY idAlbum DESC LIMIT 10) AS recentalbums JOIN songview ON songview.idAlbum=recentalbums.idAlbum
00:00:41 T:4372   ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetRecentlyAddedAlbumSongs failed
Thats just a small example, some more similar errors in the lower part of the logfile..

Here a picture from the Database-structure. Im a totally DB noob, but for me it seems that the "view"-tables which exist in the movie DB just doesn't exist in the Music DB. to be exact there is not even one single view table in the music DB. Maybee thats the problem?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here's what i already testet (with ZERO success):
- completly droped DB and let it reinstall from XBMC (at least 10 times!)
- tried this with and without <name> Tag for the Music-Libary in advancedsettings.xml
- restartet XBMC machine
- restarted Mysql server machine
- tried diffrent audio files
- Tried Frodo 12.0 final AND newest nightly build

When I switch from Mysql to local database, all works great, libary is working.
Video libary is working 100% perfekt and with no problems.

Can someone give me a hint what else I can try?
I guess there are some tables missing, so they are not installed right from XBMC to the db, but I dont know why.. Sad

greetings

johho

Someone an idea? I even tried a complete other Mysql Server on another machine today.. Same Problem Sad
Maybe a bug ?
noone an idea?

propably it would help me if someone could upload me the "right" Schema for the Mymusic database so that i can make the tables manually in the DB and see what happens than...?
Sadly i didnt found the complete schema in the www.

can someone send me this?
sorry 4 pushing, but has noone an idea or can send me the table schema of the music libary?
so i tried once more, this time with the openelec 3.0rc2 build from my raspberry pi machine..
I deleted the whole music db and let them recreate from the openelec system. Same table structure, same error Sad
Musicfiles are written correctly into the Mysql Tables, but Libary mode doesnt work because of the errors mentioned and logged above..
i think i really need help here Sad
sooooo... finally, after hours and hours of trial and error, I found the solution...

It seems to be a bug/error on the Mysql server for Windows.

I've setted up a ney Mysql Server on a raspbmc machine, configured it exactly like the windows one, and here it works.
The Music32 DB has many additional tables and Libary mode works well.

On both Windows 8 machines with Mysql server I tried it had exactly the same error, the views simply weren't created, while the same thing onthe video75 db worked well.

no matter, it works now, added this solution for the case someone fint this thread through google.

greetings
johho
Well i had the same issue with mysql for linux
i had the same issue with mysql for synology...
what version of mySQL are you running. Problems have been reported with 5.6
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I have the same Problem here on a MySQL Server on a Windows maschine.

Movie database is working fine, but the Music database is missing all SQL-Views.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to generate the Views (or better the whole Music database) manually?

It's not a permission Problem and it Fails to create the views both on rapbmc and AppleTv.

Michael

BTW MySQL Version is 5.6.10, rapsbmc and AppleTv the latest stabel Versions.
(2013-03-17, 12:11)lomdar67 Wrote: I have the same Problem here on a MySQL Server on a Windows maschine.

Movie database is working fine, but the Music database is missing all SQL-Views.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to generate the Views (or better the whole Music database) manually?

It's not a permission Problem and it Fails to create the views both on rapbmc and AppleTv.

Michael

BTW MySQL Version is 5.6.10, rapsbmc and AppleTv the latest stabel Versions.
See the post right above yours. XBMC and MySQL 5.6 is borked. Use 5.5.3.0 instead.

Also, to OP, I don't think you want to <name> your database. IIRC, that will cause some issues with Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql: Video Lib works, Music Lib doesn't add anything0