Bluray lag with anydvd HD and xbmc
Hi XBMC community! I've been using XBMC for my HTPC for years now and I finally want to fully commit and ditch PDVD. So I've installed Anydvd HD and tried blueray play back right from XBMC. It turns out that it is really slow/laggy. Like only a few frames a second. My HTPC is a 4 core Phenom, 8 gigs ram, Corsair 60GB SSD, Windows 7 64, 1GB HD5570, and of course Frodo. I'm bit streaming audio to my Denon receiver. I've tried the software decoder and the hardware accelerated options (with the same performanceHuh). Am I overestimating my system's ability to decode and play Blurays? They play just fine through PDVD on the same system.

Thanks for any help!
Your HTPC should be able to handle W7+Frodo. You might verify your audio output in Windows control panel and Frodo carefully. You can use Frodo configuration in this thread- AMD to AVR via HDMI....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for the response. I checked out your link. Changing to WASABI does make everything else sound better (thanks). However, no luck with the Blurays. They are still impossible to watch, and I forgot to mention before silent. I tried using software decoding and my CPU didn't even break 10%. Catalyst is up to date. As an experiment I played a bluray through GOM (my favorite video player) using anyDVD and it worked flawlessly. It seems to just be an issue with XBMC for me. Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray lag with anydvd HD and xbmc0