Can I use IR reciever of TV tuner to control XBMC?
I've read much of the material on getting remotes to work with XBMC and everything seems to start with a USB IR reciever made for Windows Media Center. I don't have one of those.
However, I do have a Hauppauge TV Tuner that has its own remote and IR reciever which plugs directly into the back of the PCIe card. The remote says "RC6" on the back which seems like a good sign. It works, but the arrow buttons don't do anything in XBMC. Is this the sort of thing where I just have to do some discovery and config editing, or will I have to go buy a USB IR reciever?

Note: Ultimately I want to use my logitech Harmony Touch remote. It doesn't come with any reciever of its own but it supports my tv tuner which gives me a glimmer of hope.
Try eventghost and add the Hauppauge IR plugin. Another option is to buy FLIRC and program it to use the TV remote control or any remote you have.
Thanks, I tried eventghost and I can now get emulated keypresses when I use buttons on the remote. However, the keypresses only seem to make it to xbmc about half the time. I know it's not a hardware problem because I can watch the eventghost event log and it is registering my button presses with nearly 100% reliability and very little lag. But in XBMC each button only works about half the time and there is a big delay, sometimes keypresses get 'queued up' and executed all at once. But if I press the same "real" button on my keyboard xbmc responds much better. So both XBMC and Eventghost seem to be working fine, but the communication between them is difficult?
I tried the ''Alternate keypress emulation" EG provides but it doesn't help.
Instead of emulating keypress, you can add xbmc plugin in eventghost an drag and drop each button event in the log to the required action in the xbmc plugin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I use IR reciever of TV tuner to control XBMC?0