Android why the updated librtmp.so always reverted back to the old one?
I updated the librtmp.so in my android device to make it work for HUlU and other plugin. It works great.
However, it kept rolling back to the old librtmp.so(size 1.06MB) after a while. In my understanding, update plugin or restart device won't change the librtmp.so, right?
Only reinstall or update the XBMC will change the librtmp.so to its original. But it keep going back without doing anything. I tried to set the file to read only but won't work,

Help, please.
again, it is reverted. I had to replace it again.
Strange...I only managed to replace it a couple of days ago in my nexus 7 and it is still there, so I will keep a close eye.

What device do you have?
Actually, today I had to restart the device and indeed had to replace the librtmp.so file again. Maybe that is how it works.
(2013-02-09, 20:21)Gzoladz Wrote: Actually, today I had to restart the device and indeed had to replace the librtmp.so file again. Maybe that is how it works.

Where did XBMC update the old librtmp.so from? I hope to disable that.
Mine also displays this behaviour? I'd like to disable this auto update too if possible.
AnybodyHuh
How to disable XBMC's auto update for it librtmp?
Dito,
happens always after rebooting the device.
Where does the "old version" come from?
EDIT: you can set the
"/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib" folder write protected (555)
librtmp won't be replaced, BUT I don't know, if this causes any side-effects....
really nobody?
It's all due to Android's signing of files, it apparently feels if you see's a different file it's malicious and restores it.

Because of this fact, I have taken the file that S74ck3r was able to produce after figuring out why normal compiling of librtmp.so was just crashing XBMC on Android.

So I have made a modified yet non-offical signature so backup all your old settings APK that solves this issue.

Read more at my release post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1395470

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why the updated librtmp.so always reverted back to the old one?0