xbmc together with win7 and ableton - suggestions?
Wink 
hi,
i've finally decided to ditch my beige noisy tower pc which is gathering dust in the spare room. I've been inspired by some of the builds I've seen and have previously used xbmc on a xbox. I'm thinking of building my own machine to run xbmc but - not having bought a pc for a while - am unsure of what specs i would need.

I would primarily be a group 6 - i would want a small form factor pc as it would sit in the lounge to stream high def videio so it would need to be quiet and reasonably fast

In addition i would probably want to have windows installed so i can use ableton and use VSTs. i would also need a decent soundcard. - I would also like to use music creation programmes such as ableton so would need 4gb ram and an asio soundcard with a processor. it would need to have plenty of usb ports or be able to have a hub connected.

a further requirement is that it should be girlfriend friendly - so a remote control to switch off/on would be a bonus

any suggestions would be great - i don't know if the zbox would be what i'm looking for.

sorry -there's quite a lot here but i don't have much of a clue

thanks
define decent sound card?
Is audio via hdmi not enough?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc together with win7 and ableton - suggestions?0