Android G-Box Slav (TV box with HDD bay, Runs Linux XBMC)
(2013-03-08, 00:21)j1nx Wrote: If you don't really need Android, try my linux build and report the bugs you find.

I've tried both of your versions but I guess I must have a 2.0 as the ethernet does not work only wi-fi and thats sucks in my case with a large library and large files sizes as well. Any chance of a 2.0 version as I guess thats what I got (Was sold older product still this year) it's a shame.
(2013-05-27, 14:49)nicoleif Wrote: J1Nx, I can`t seem to be able to set an IP adresse manually for my Slav GBox. Under Internet Access and Assignment it keeps saying Automatic (DHCP) and this setting seems locked. What can I do?

Easiest to do; Give your MAC a fixed IP via the DHCP pool.

@splatman2, Beta2 is available in 2.0 and 2.+ version.
Is the video component (yuv) works on linux ?
My first guess was is no, but I'm guessing video component doesn't got an auto detection feature so maybe it possible that when no hdmi is recognize on boot the system defaults to component.

How's the analog audio quality ?
I've got another Amlogic device that was poorly designed, I'm getting constant hum from the analog jack.
(2013-05-28, 09:15)j1nx Wrote:
(2013-05-27, 14:49)nicoleif Wrote: J1Nx, I can`t seem to be able to set an IP adresse manually for my Slav GBox. Under Internet Access and Assignment it keeps saying Automatic (DHCP) and this setting seems locked. What can I do?

Will this feature be available in future updates? Sadly my router is a work router and therefore locked so only option is to make a static IP via the Slav box.
(2013-05-28, 18:53)dhead Wrote: Is the video component (yuv) works on linux ?

Have you received confirmation whether G-Box Slav's component video would work under Linux?
Question 
(2013-05-28, 09:15)j1nx Wrote:

I'm also having this problem. I have given my MAC a fixed IP, but as I can't set that IP on the G-Box Slav it doesn't seem to work. I've tried both wireless and wired connections, but with no luck. I know the wireless works, as I have it working at my girlfriends, but can't seem to change it to be able to use it at home. Can anyone help me please?
(2014-01-06, 13:24)No1VIPER Wrote: I'm also having this problem. I have given my MAC a fixed IP, but as I can't set that IP on the G-Box Slav it doesn't seem to work. I've tried both wireless and wired connections, but with no luck. I know the wireless works, as I have it working at my girlfriends, but can't seem to change it to be able to use it at home. Can anyone help me please?

Are you using Android or Linux?

If you're on Android, you might want to make sure that you are using the correct firmware. If your Slav is a 2.1 or 2.2 and you are using a 2.0 firmware, it will break your ethernet.
I'm using Linux Beta2 Amlogic M3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
G-Box Slav (TV box with HDD bay, Runs Linux XBMC)0