XBMC Web Server/Share XBMC media library and access with a web browser?
Hey all,

So I've been playing around with other media centres and servers, and it hosts a web server for anyone to connect to with a web browser and from there can watch movies,tv and anything from the web browser without installing any applications. I would use this other media center/server, but i really hate its scrappers and it doesn't seem to scan my media collection correctly (And my fileserver has already been set up with xbmc).

This would be hugely beneficial to me, as i regularly have friends coming over with their PC's/Laptaps & my flatmates watch stuff off my file server. If we had this webserver, they would be allowed to watch/browse my media collection much easier.

Another feature that would be nice is, that xbmc is setup like a server so anyone with xbmc installed on their local PC can connect to my xbmc server and get my settings/playlists.

Will XBMC implement something like this?

Screenshot of the other media centre in Google Chrome
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1835/sc...ot031s.png

Also, my last thread was moved to the Garbage bin, i think it may of happened because i was mentioning another media centre by name. If another mod wants to delete my post, please message me explaining why your deleting it.
(2013-02-09, 13:46)josiahrulez Wrote: Hey all,

So I've been playing around with other media centres and servers, and it hosts a web server for anyone to connect to with a web browser and from there can watch movies,tv and anything from the web browser without installing any applications. I would use this other media center/server, but i really hate its scrappers and it doesn't seem to scan my media collection correctly (And my fileserver has already been set up with xbmc).

This would be hugely beneficial to me, as i regularly have friends coming over with their PC's/Laptaps & my flatmates watch stuff off my file server. If we had this webserver, they would be allowed to watch/browse my media collection much easier.

Another feature that would be nice is, that xbmc is setup like a server so anyone with xbmc installed on their local PC can connect to my xbmc server and get my settings/playlists.

Will XBMC implement something like this?

Screenshot of the other media centre in Google Chrome
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1835/sc...ot031s.png

Also, my last thread was moved to the Garbage bin, i think it may of happened because i was mentioning another media centre by name. If another mod wants to delete my post, please message me explaining why your deleting it.

I don't think you're thread go moved because you mentioned Plex - it been talked about plenty in the forums, there's even an addon (PlexBMC) that lets XBMC connect to the Plex Server rather than using thier client.
There was a google hangout with the Dev's just before christmas (it's on youtube) where they talked about some of the stuff you're asking about - it sounded like they want to get upnp working so that it will allow the library to be broadcast to other things, and if you had another xbmc client it would take it and use that as it's main library, so yeah, it sounds like it's something that's being looked at.
back to plex - did you know you can export your xbmc library (there's an option settings) to create .nfo/thumbnail files (you could also use of of the standalone media managers like Ember/MediaElch etc), and then in plex add a new scraper (or I think agent as they call them) that can read these files and use them to update the plex library. I used to use this method when I used plex.
The PleXBMC plugin just got a major update recently. Definitely worth looking into. It works very well from my experience. That way you can still enjoy Plex web and all the great XBMC features.
Just turn on UPNP sharing and your friends can view your entire library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Web Server/Share XBMC media library and access with a web browser?0