Deleting Media Sources from XBMC; Video library gone from networked drive
I hoping someone can help me recover ALL of my video files (nearly a terabyte of TV shows and movies) that XBMC deleted from an external usb drive that was networked using the Linksys E3000 router.

I wanted to remove the links to media sources that were listed under XBMC's 'Videos' so that i could reconfigure my library to properly import related metadata. To remove the sources' links i pressed and held down the 'Menu' button on my ATV Silver remote to engage additional options... such as 'delete'.

When the warning appeared stating the actions can't be restored once deleted, i mistakenly believed it refered to the 'LINK' from XBMC to my storage drive... not the actual files wherever they might be stored.

So that was my blunder... I've powered off the xternal drive and haven't re-written data to it since the event... but so far none of the recovery programs have found the deleted video files (but they are able to find video files i deleted months ago... just not the ones from a few hours back... strange?).
Is there something i'm missing in my recovery effort? i'm wondering if its a lost cause and i should just face the music at this point? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated... i know its all a learning process and remain flexible to outcomes. Thanks!

ATV Silver v3.0.2
XBMC Eden 11.0
Jailbreak and Eden installed via Firecore's ATVFlash v4.5
networked drive is the Seagate 1TB FreeAgent
I SSH into ATV using putty and WinSCTP from a windows 7 PC.
Recovery software run from Win7 with FreeAgent drive directly attached to PC (still no success).
...Haven't re-written or changed FreeAgent drive (NTFS) since deleting XBMC media source links.
Are you sure you actually deleted them from XBMC? The ability to delete something via the context menu is off by default and has to be enabled in Settings -> Videos -> File lists.
I deleted 500GB of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do.
I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable files. But it would be nice if there's a way to get them back easily. And luckily, there is.
Pandora Recovery http://www.pandorarecovery.com/ has saved me. The first one was accidental deletion of an entire partition. The second time was also accidental deletion of big files. Accidental - stupidity for me. But hey, things happen whether you like it or not.
The good thing about this recovery software unlike other software, you can get your files back in the same organized manner you lost them with original filenames and folder tree intact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting Media Sources from XBMC; Video library gone from networked drive0