Help, LOUD BD-ROMs
Hi Guys,

I originally had a Samsung BD-ROM installed in my Silverstone ML03B // A8-3850 // A75M setup, per Eskro's recommendation:

SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-/+R 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Combo Model SH-B123L/RSBP LightScribe Support

I didn't use it much until recently. Whenever I do use it, it is outrageously loud most of the time -- like an engine revving up.

I replaced it with the LG drive below, however, I'm having a similar problem:

LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive

The new drive is slightly quieter, but not much...

What drive should I buy for QUIET ripping/playback?

Thanks,

Owen
Have you tried using something like AnyDVD (depending on your OS) you can use this to slow the drive down to make it quieter.
I haven't found any that for ripping don't run loud because they're spinning faster than normal. It seems to not be that way just watching a normal.

I am sure someone though will post soon though with a quieter one from experience.
I recently bought LG WH14NS40 14X BD re-writer. It is very silent. I ripped a number of blu-ray disks and it is not making much noise. I had a sherwood bdp which used to make loud noise.
FWIW, I've noticed the case, how the drive is mounted and what it's sitting on makes a big difference in noise too. Sometimes it's not just the drive but the case or things around it that are vibrating.
(2013-02-11, 17:26)Dougie Fresh Wrote: FWIW, I've noticed the case, how the drive is mounted and what it's sitting on makes a big difference in noise too. Sometimes it's not just the drive but the case or things around it that are vibrating.

Great point! In the past, I've picked up some rubber "washers" from the local hardware store. It's made a world of difference.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help, LOUD BD-ROMs 0