Req Hypem.com plugin
I am amazed it is not already available, therefore I request it!
If i was a skillful programmer I would do it myself, but I am not! Hence the request!

Is it possible and would any take on the job?

Cheers.
I have been looking into this for some time. I was hoping to do this as an intro project for python while i have some downtime at work, but my downtime went away. What i did find out though is that it seems that most of the music is actually being streamed from SoundCloud (correct me if i am wrong) I have been able to do a few things with it, but i have never gotten far enough to actually play a file.

I do not believe a fully featured app would be possible (Staring a song or even adding the songs that are played to the *played section) But getting the actual songs that are listed on the site and then grabbing them from soundCloud may not be to big of a problem.

HypeM

Here is the code i had (not finished, but it may help others if they are trying to make an app as well) And some simply playing around with it was done here to try and figure out some of the concepts of actually scrapping the info from the site.

I figure why no one has made an app yet is because there is no API available and that actual music comes from another site that does have a real app
Yeah looking into it further i was able to use some of the code from the SoundCloud Plugin to get the streams for the Songs that are on HypeMachine, but looking deeper i see that many of them are not from SoundCloud. Also running into a problem when doing the search for the songs on Soundcloud if there is featured artist or it is a collaboration of a few bands. It doesn't seem like there is to nice of a way to get this running.
It would be near impossible I'm afraid because it aggregates from other blogs. There is no standard for all blogs for what player they use or code they have. It could be done, but functionality would break a lot I'm afraid.

It would require constant updating, but you could always filter out unplayable songs, which would atleast give you soundcloud files.

Just my two sense.
Okay, sounds like a big job unfortunately.

Thanks Dhorse and tdhz77 for giving it a go Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hypem.com plugin1