Win UPnP Streaming to Frodo on Windows
Question 
Howdy folks!

Looking for some guidance here. I've got what appears to be a firewall rule problem in using the Media Renderer capabilities of Frodo on Windows 7. I've set the "Allow control of XBMC via UPnP" option in Settings -> Services -> UPnP. When I try to play media from a remote device on my local network (laptop, BlackBerry Z10 device, Android device), none of them can find the XBMC instance. I disabled the Windows Firewall temporarily for testing purposes and after doing so, I could then find and play to the instance without issues. As an additional data point, I have Frodo installed on an ATV2 as well, and setting the same option allows me to target that instance without any problem, so there's clearly no functional problem with XBMC, just a firewall getting in the way.

I've done a bunch of research around ports that need to be open (sspd, etc.) and I've tried a bunch of additional rules in the Windows Firewall config, but I just haven't been able to crack the combination that makes it work. I've checked the XBMC Wiki, the forums, and applied my best Google-fu to no avail. Any pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated!
Have you tried just adding rules for the XBMC .exe as opposed to certain ports.
StealMySoda: Yes. I've tried inbound rules like "Allow UDP/1900 and TCP/2689 from any on the local network to XBMC.exe" without any luck. I've tried "Allow any TCP or UDP from any on the local network to XBMC.exe" -- no dice. Either there's a conflict with another rule (like the Media Center Extender maybe?), or there are more ports than just UDP/1900 and TCP/2869 involved. The other tricky bit is that SSDP uses multicast, and I'm not exactly sure how to account for that in the firewall.
Just for kicks, I tried changing the default policy of the Windows Firewall. The default policy says:

- Turn Windows Firewall On
- Inbound Connections that do not match a rule are blocked
- Outbound Connections that do not match a rule are allowed

I changed the policy so that Inbound Connections that do not match a rule are allowed (i.e. an Allow-All policy). After doing this, the devices in my network could discover the XBMC instance, but could not connect to it, so there's something more than just port-based rules at play here. Will keep poking at it a bit more.
Huzzah! I've figured it out. Here's what's needed:

Inbound Rules:
xbmc tcp/1159
Profile: Domain
Enabled: Yes
Action: Allow
Override: No
Program: %ProgramFiles%\XBMC\XBMC.exe
Local Address: Any
Remote Address: Any
Protocol: TCP
Local Port: 1159
Remote Port: Any

xbmc MDNS
Program: Any
Protocol: UDP
Local Port: 5353
Remote Port: 5353

xbmc SSDP
Protocol: UDP
Local Port:1900

xbmc upnp
Local Port: 2869

xbmc UPnP PresentationUrl
Local Port:8080

N.B. The "Domain" profile applies in my case because the machine in question is a domain member. It's more likely in a common set up that you would use the Private profile.
N.B. It may be possible to be more specific in the local and remote addresses, should that be required, but it requires more analysis to figure out.

Hope this helps someone.
I got the same problem too.

After some "experiments", now I know that I have to DISABLE Service "SHARE MY LIBRARY" in my Kodi Server first, then ENABLE it again.
After that, my Kodi Client can see my Kodi Server trough UPnP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Streaming to Frodo on Windows0