Win Assertion failed error
I had to re-encode Lord of the Rings Return of the kind Disc 2 today because i just found out that when i originally did it, i somehow forgot the audio. So after i did that and replaced it in my library, and after i redid the XBMC entry for it, I have been getitng an "Assertion Failed" C++ error whenever i go into Movies. I can still play anything else if i press Ignore, but it sees the part 2 as a separate movie, and crashes each time i try. Now the first part has no problem ,and the others with parts 1 and 2 nothing. Here's the full error i'm getting:

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
File: libavformat/utils.c
Line: 2195

Expression: s->chapters[i]->start<=s->chapters[i=$]->start

What does this mean, and how can i fix it? I tried removing the files completely from the drive and re-adding them, but it's still happening. Thanks
Consider posting a debug log on pastebin...

1st idea though: remove the folder containing the two parts from your media source (e.g. move it to another location), delete the .nfo-files in that folder, let XBMC clean up its database, move the folder back to where it belongs and refresh XBMC's database.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
look what the wonderful search revealed:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=assertion

and thats are only a few.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Well, i tried re-adding everything, and it wouldn't even see Return of the King at all this time, and when i went to go search for it in the library, it crashes. Now upon looking at those links you provided WiSo, no one had any solid fixes for this, besides upgrading to Frodo, which i don't see the Xperience More skin being available yet, so i'm not sure if that's for me until it is. I did look into the MKVCleaver that someone spoke about, but it keeps crashing on my machine for whatever reason, so that obviously does not work.
somewhere in the posts is mentioned that the assertion comes from double chapter entries in your mkv's. fix those with whatever tool is appropriated (I don't know much about the tools).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I did try the tools which were suggested, but they don't seem to like x64 OSes, because it keeps crashing on mine. I'm wondering if i should create a whole new MKV of both, made one after the other, maybe they both will have unique attributes if done that way.
search for other tools as there should be many. will be easier than reencode the files.
Oh this wonderful error, I spent hours trying to figure out how to fix it. Like it was said, it's because there's a duplicate chapter name. Here are the tools I use to fix it (at work so can't link them).

MKV Cleaver to extract just the chapter file. Then open the file in Notepad and change the duplicate chapter name and save the file.

Next I use MKV Merge. Select the original MKV file, deselect the original chapter file, and I believe on the last tab in the program (can't remember off the top of my head), there's an option to bring in a chapters file. Select the edited one and let it do it's magic.

It's worked for me, I'm just having problems with The Dark Knight for some reason. I changed the duplicate chapter name, but now the movie stops playing randomly. Not sure if it was like that before I changed the chapters or not, since XBMC would just crash when clicking on Movies. Tried last night just taking the entire duplicate chapter out of the file last night, but haven't had a chance to try it out.

Hope this helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assertion failed error0