importerror!
Hi

im in the process of making a script, but have run into a problem:

ImportError: Module use of python27.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

is there any way that i can get import python 2.7 into my code? I have tried to install python 2.7 on to the system, and that gives the same problem! Would it be possible to add python27.dll into XBMC as standard instead of python26.dll?

help please :-)

cheers
c_bb
Which module did you try to import?
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
HuhHuhHuh?? ehm .... python27.dll
python27.dll is a library.
Looks like you try to import a python module (within a python script), while this import you obviously get an ImportError-Exception.
So which module do you try to import?

You could save us some time if you would show us some code, then we don't need to guess.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Wait i think I see the problemYou're using xbmc from the downloads section that ships with python 2.6 but you want to use python 2.7 right?

If so, you need to compile xbmc from source with the flag for system python
yes Bstrdsmkr

that is exactly what im trying to do ... the problem is, that i can't expect people to compile xbmc from source just so that they can use my addon :-( ... i'm in the process of making an addon using cefpython, in other words im "trying" to make a browser addon. But cefpython requires python 2.7 (ergo python27.dll) wich conflicts with the version currently running in XBMC. :-(

I have kind of managed to make a work around, but im not really happy with the solution!

and sorry sphere, for not understanding your question the first time, hope you can forgive me :-)

cheers
c_bb
There's not a huge difference in 2.6 and 2.7, mainly just some new ways of doing old things. You might look in to back porting cefpython.
Hi Bstrdsmkr

Don't you need the full source code to do that? The cefpython module itself is a compiled pyd file, and the source for it is not available on their webpage!

cheers
c_bb
Isn't thins what you're looking for? https://code.google.com/p/cefpython/source/browse/

Unfortunately, I've never tried to part a Cython project, so I'm not sure if it's as straight forward as porting a pure python project. Might not hurt to post in their support section and see if anyone has any tips there. Sometimes projects only require a higher version for a specific feature and if you don't need it, you can just comment it out and go from there
thnx mate

im just blind :-) ... i will have a look into it!

cheers
c_bb

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
importerror!0