Linux Building my own htpc (stb) on an atom d525
Dear xbmc fanatics, as my jetway nc98-d525 became redundant I like to re-use it as a 'set top box' for in the bedroom, which means it needs to be able to stream HD content from my NAS and dreambox ( live HD tv ), also it should be able to decode bluray without stuttering ( should be ok with nvidia ion2 gpu imho ). So the "magic combination" I am thinking of is:

- nc98 intel atom d525
- 4Gb Kingston DDR800 ( already installed 2x2Gb )
- 30Gb OCZ Vertex plus 2,5" SSD ( spare part stocked on my shelves )
- iPazzPort Commander Voice Bluetooth: KP-810-18BVR ( just ordered )
- bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle
- optionally I will add a blu ray slimline to my:
- Silverstone LC19 housing

As the stb needs to connect to a nas and stb, both based on Linux and over gigabit LAN, for video streaming it is worth going for nfs shares instead of cifs imho, therefore the xbmcbuntu for nvidia/intel would be the preferred xbmc to install. Also because I might fiddle around with the kernel to optimise ( break ) things :-).
The bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle might need to be reconsidered as at this stage I am not certain how the support is in linux also in combination with the remote control: anyone can recommend specific blutooth devices?

Looking forward to your pros and cons about this config
if youre using the d525 why don't you just get something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Arctic-MC001-N-Pas...ctic+mc001

and add the ssd, upgrade the ram, add a bluray
I like the housing indeed - however basically you are telling me throw away your current stuff and buy for USD99,99 a new item including housing - nahhh I cannot do that - ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Building my own htpc (stb) on an atom d5250