Win Movie repeat
Hi everybody,

Since I use XBMC version 12, all the videos I watch are repeat. and it is very annoy! I do not understand why, I do not see any parameter that can cause this.

please help !
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1194827
I accidentally posted this in the MacOS section, but the problem I'm having is on Windows 7, so I think it belongs here instead.

(2010-07-20, 16:27)herod98 Wrote: Here are the steps to prevent auto-repeat

Navigate to a movie/tv episode etc

Hold down menu button until popup menu appears

from popup menu, choose "Queue item"

hold down menu button once more until popup menu re-appears

from popup menu, choose "Now playing ..."

"NOW PLAYING - VIDEOS" screen should appear

press Previous/Rewind button, and a side-menu on left-hand side should appear

Check the value for the REPEAT option. If it is set to REPEAT:ALL, movie will play over and over.

I have this problem in 12.0 Frodo. Videos keep repeating after playing. I followed the instructions here, and set it to Repeat:Off, and it works temporarily, but after a while it automatically reverts back to Repeat:All no matter what I do.

I noticed that in guisettings.xml in the userdata folder, there's a setting that looks like this:

<settings>
<myvideos>
<playlist>
<repeat>false</repeat>

But in the gui, the options for playlist/repeat aren't True/False, they are All/One/Off. So I changed <repeat>false</repeat> to <repeat>off</repeat> in the guisettings.xml file, and lo and behold, it worked. All videos were set to Repeat:Off by default.

Then after a quit and restart, the problem came back. XMBC had reverted guisettings.xml back to <repeat>false</repeat>. Could it be that XBMC no longer knows what 'false' means for that setting, and defaults to 'All'?

Any suggestions for how to fix this (without making guisettings.xml read-only)? Is this a legitimate bug?
I just updated to version 12.2, and it still has the same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie repeat0