2nd Screen Resolution ....REVERTING
I've been using XBMC for about a month now and after EXTENSIVE searching (On both the XBMC forum and the HTPC forum on AVS) I can't find a solution to my problem.

I'm running:

XBMC FRODO 12 RC3 set to FULL SCREEN #2 at 1920x1080 AEON NOX on ....... Windows 7 Ultimate w/Ultramon (Desktop PC w/1400x900 LCD Monitor) ATI 6750 Video card set to EXTEND to 2nd monitor at 1920x1080 {NON-INTERLACED}.
This is connected to a.......Yamaha 867 AV Receiver....... Which is connected to both a....... Panasonic 720P Plasma and an....... Epson 1080P projector.
All are connected by HDMI. I usually watch TV programs through XBMC on the Plasma and MOVIES on the Projector.
Source material varies from 480P to 1080P Blu-ray rips.

Everything works fine: The Plasma scales 1080P to 720P and Projector does 1080P natively ........ EXCEPT, whenever I turn off the 2nd screen (Plasma or PJ) and the Receiver, when I turn them back on, XBMC reverts to 1080I (even if the 720P Plasma is off). I have to go into settings and change it back every time. I tried leaving XBMC on, but it falls back to my computer monitor and I have to manually send it to the 2nd screen after it is turned back on.

Any help with this wuold be apprecieted.
Does the Yamaha have HDMI Pass-through and ARC and does your plasma or projector support ARC?

If so, you can set the receiver to pass-through to one of the displays and set the audio to pass back to the receiver via ARC.

This should also keep all of your audio/video settings in XBMC.

I had the same problem as you and spent ages trying to figure out how to solve this connecting my PC to a Marantz receiver and Sony TV and now I can finally get DTS MA and True HD audio to work properly and not have XMBC revert back to my main PC monitor when the wife turned off the TV or receiver.

Hope this works for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd Screen Resolution ....REVERTING0