Full Screen XBMC on AppleTV3
The closest thing to XBMC on an Apple TV 3 until the jailbreak comes out.

Before proceeding install the confluence skin. This will make it easier to navigate.

Make your ur Apple TV is on. Then from your iPad/iPhone double click the home button slide left and click on the airplay logo click on your Apple TV and then turn ON MIRRORING. After this you should see your device displaying on your tv but with cropped bars.

Open up XBMC and go to Settings -> System -> Video output and change it to "Display #2".....
Wait for it. And viola. Your xbmc should be full screen on your TV and now you can use the iDevice screen for directional navigation by swiping. Tap to select things, two finger tap to go back.

This has been on the xbmc FAQ for ages but just didn't realise it.

Sorry if this has been posted already. But I fought the need to share my xbmc experience with you guys and also write it out in language us n00bs could understand. Anyway if this helped then I'm glad. If it didn't then too bad lol. Enjoy your new full screen xbmc with all the great plugins
If people didn't find or bother to read the FAQ, then why would they read this post? A for effort, I guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Screen XBMC on AppleTV31