• 1(current)
Consilium B: XBMC remote (unofficial remote)
Consilium B: XBMC remote - Putting the Control of XBMC Back in Your Hands!

I wrote this for the iPad only. I really hope you like it.

Get it here:
Consilium B: XBMC remote

If you have suggestions, comments, feature requests or anything else, please leave a message.

You can find a review (+video) here: TheiPhoneAppReview.com review of Consilium B: XBMC remote

If you like it, please like my facebook page:
Consilium B facebook page

and a positive rating on the App Store would be appreciated a lot Laugh

Consilium B: XBMC remote offers the following:

Supports: XBMC version 11 (Eden) and 12 (Frodo) are supported.
Live TV & Radio: Switch channels.
Trakt.TV support: Login with your Trakt.TV account and manage your online collection of movies, series and episodes. See what the community is watching. Give ratings and comments.
Movies/series schedules: Get the latest TV schedules for your series in XBMC. Find out which movies are currently, and in the future, playing and watch the trailers.
Fan art: Customize XBMC with fan art provided by themoviedb.org & thetvdb.com from your iPad.
Recently added: Get a quick overview of the latest movies, episodes, albums and songs added.
Watched: With one click you will get an overview of your latest watched movies and episodes.
Filters: Several filters can be applied, such as: collections, title, last played, genre and much more.
Collections: Create and manage your own collection of movies, series, episodes, albums and songs. You can filter on collections.
Remote control: With the integrated remote control you can easily navigate through XBMC.
Sharing: Share with your friends on facebook using the integrated facebook support of iOS 6.

...and much more...

Here are some screenshots:

Proud owner of comics42.shop 
Nice remote works good.
Any plans for intergating the Live TV and Guide?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2013-02-12, 15:00)opeters Wrote: Nice remote works good.
Any plans for intergating the Live TV and Guide?

It's now on my to do list! Laugh
Smile 
Great job guys, very nice remote! Smile

Just wanted to provide a little feedback on a few things I noticed.

1. The direction pad on the remote is very sensitive. I found that it often jumped more then one item on a single push.

2. Can you add the ability to hide the word "the" when scrolling though the library?

3. The Fast Forward and Rewind buttons only seem to do a 10 minute jump, instead of actually FF and RW

Other then that, It looks and works great!
Nice work, I really like your others app for cataloging series and movies.

I had an issue that if I didn't dismiss the open dialog box and added my xbmc, when I reopened the app the recent items took focus from the dialog box and there was nothing I could do. Had to delete and redownload the app. Select never show again on the open dialog and no problems. Maybe there is some way and I just couldn't figure it out.

Ry
(2013-02-13, 01:42)JohnVee Wrote: Great job guys, very nice remote! Smile

1. The direction pad on the remote is very sensitive. I found that it often jumped more then one item on a single push.

2. Can you add the ability to hide the word "the" when scrolling though the library?

3. The Fast Forward and Rewind buttons only seem to do a 10 minute jump, instead of actually FF and RW

Thanks for the feedback!

@1: I will look into the sensitivity. Is a configurable setting an option?
@2: I think I will also make an configurable item for that.
@3: Within XBMC you have several options. I chose this one. Alternatives are: speed change (2x...etc), small jump. Maybe also an configurable item? Laugh

(2013-02-13, 05:48)ryvanzandt Wrote: Nice work, I really like your others app for cataloging series and movies.

I had an issue that if I didn't dismiss the open dialog box and added my xbmc, when I reopened the app the recent items took focus from the dialog box and there was nothing I could do. Had to delete and redownload the app. Select never show again on the open dialog and no problems. Maybe there is some way and I just couldn't figure it out.

Ry

hmmm....strange....will check it out.
(2013-02-13, 05:48)ryvanzandt Wrote: Nice work, I really like your others app for cataloging series and movies.

Ry

Found and fixed the issue. Blush

Thanks again for the feedback!
(2013-02-13, 01:42)JohnVee Wrote: Great job guys, very nice remote! Smile

For the next version I have done the following:
1. Should be a lot better now. I have tested it several times.
2. For movies and Series I have added sorttitle as an sorting option (available in Change view), e.g. The Bourne Identity is sorted as if it starts with a B.
3. This is now configurable via Settings (see screenshot below).

Just submitted version 1.1:

- Customize your XBMC with fan art, provided by themoviedb.org & thetvdb.com, for movies and series from your iPad (Frodo only).
- Added menu option Source. Browse for movies, series, episodes, etc in the available sources.
- Watched status for movies and episodes can be changed from your iPad (Frodo only).
- Option sort title added for movies and series.
- Seek forward and seek backward button function configurable via Settings.
- Multiple time-outs modified.
- UI tweaks.
- Minor bug fixes.
Hi rschiks, the remote looks pretty but have you got a preview video so that i can look at the functionality before i commit to buy?
(2013-02-19, 11:25)prawnee Wrote: Hi rschiks, the remote looks pretty but have you got a preview video so that i can look at the functionality before i commit to buy?

Hi! Sorry no.....but it's a great idea to make one. I will look into that!
Trying to run this without any luck. Every time I set the XBMC server, save, done...it crashes and exits the app. Any suggestions?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2013-02-19, 19:58)bobrap Wrote: Trying to run this without any luck. Every time I set the XBMC server, save, done...it crashes and exits the app. Any suggestions?

Which version of XBMC do you use?
- Are the settings of your XBMC host correct? check the help in the app to configure it.
- Did you remove the app and install it from the App Store again? Maybe the settings file is corrupt.
Latest Frodo nightly. Added a new host and got connected. As soon as I hit series...program exited. How do I delete a host?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2013-02-20, 01:23)bobrap Wrote: Latest Frodo nightly. Added a new host and got connected. As soon as I hit series...program exited. How do I delete a host?

You can delete a host by swiping with your finger over an entry to the right and hit delete.

I have been testing with the stables versions of Eden and Frodo. This weekend I will prepare a machine with a nightly build of Frodo.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Consilium B: XBMC remote (unofficial remote)1