[WINDOWS] [FRODO] Choppy video playback every 15 minutes
Has anyone found what could be the problem, or I just give up and go back to Eden. or it's time to tell my wife we need new AVR Smile
I guess what we are talking about here, is a tiny stutter for about a fraction of a second? And its only occuring on 23,976 (24p) material?!
This would be the 24p Bug... In fact, its not an Intel only Problem... This bug occures on all Video Cards, Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD....but usually its only visible while the picture in panning or there is alot of fast movement...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
This happens in all scenes, slow or fast movements. It's look like you press the pause and then immediately play. Strange is that it's always happened when movie is playing about 10-15 minutes. If you roll back to the time when stutter the scene play smoothly. You always have to play video about 10 to 15 minutes and then stutter but always in different place.
(2013-02-14, 21:53)bimme Wrote: I guess what we are talking about here, is a tiny stutter for about a fraction of a second? And its only occuring on 23,976 (24p) material?!
This would be the 24p Bug... In fact, its not an Intel only Problem... This bug occures on all Video Cards, Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD....but usually its only visible while the picture in panning or there is alot of fast movement...
We know all about 24p bugs, and we discussed about it too death in this forum......Frodo stuttering issues are entirely different, and it is mostly causes by audio issues....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-14, 22:13)zonzi Wrote: This happens in all scenes, slow or fast movements. It's look like you press the pause and then immediately play. Strange is that it's always happened when movie is playing about 10-15 minutes. If you roll back to the time when stutter the scene play smoothly. You always have to play video about 10 to 15 minutes and then stutter but always in different place.
Since it used to work fine with Eden, this is a tough one....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-14, 21:53)bimme Wrote: I guess what we are talking about here, is a tiny stutter for about a fraction of a second? And its only occuring on 23,976 (24p) material?!

Umm no.
It lasts for more than a second, up to two seconds and happens exactly every 10 minutes.
It happens with any video I feed it. Tried 24p, 25p, 30p, SD and HD videos.
The reason i guessed it could be a 24p issue is, because the the time between these stutters is always the same...
and when go back a few seconds/minutes it plays flawlessly cause u start in sync, and will get the first stutter after x minutes from where u started again....
There are many problems audio related in frodo...most debug log ive seen are flooded with ffmpeg and discontinuity errors... But as far as i know, all these things doens't occure every x minutes periodical...

What does the codecinfo say? Are there frames dropped or buffers getting empty when the lag occures?
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Can any of the others having this issue, grab a timer or a clock, time if the choppy video appears every 10 minutes exactly
and post here their findings please?
Could your pc be running a process in the background every 10 minutes that you are unaware of? Maybe take a look at task manager without xbmc and see if something pops up every 10 minutes or if there is a weird spike.
I think it's not problem with some process in windows, becouse I go back to Eden and the problem disappears.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] [FRODO] Choppy video playback every 15 minutes1