Sluggish performance
I just upgraded to Frodo with the MQ4 skin from Eden and MQ3.

I've noticed that menu scrolling and some screen painting (panels appearing and disappearing) can get quite sluggish and sticky. I did not have this issue with Eden and the MQ3 skin. I have a fairly decent system and graphics card so this was surprising. I am using a GT430 graphics card, 4GB memory, SSD drive and i3 processor.

I've noticed an improvement if I select "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". I've usually left that unselected in the past so I'm not sure what I lose by selecting it, but it is less sluggish if I do so. But still some performance issues even with that selected.

I thought it might be an issue with remnants of my XBMC 11.0 install so I did a complete uninstall and then a clean re-install but still it is sluggish.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the snappy performance I had before? Maybe I need to configure my graphics card settings differently?

I had thought 12.0 was supposed to perform better than 11.0 so I'm at a loss why I'm seeing this.
My money is on MQ4 doing something it shouldn't be doing.
You might want to verify audio output configurations in Frodo to make sure that it is correct. Incorrect audio output configurations in Frodo, can cause sluggish. If you don't have any other app running other than XBMC, you shouldn't have to use a fullscreen window. Here are some tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks guys.

I tried changing my skin to Transparency and performance is great so changing the skin seemed to do the trick.

My audio is configured WASAPI (and my AVR) via my nVidia card so all seems to be well there.

I've been playing around with full screen window vs true full screen with vertical sync on and off. I also was trying set vsync on in the nVidia control panel for my GT430 card. I know the recommendation (I am not running any other applications) is true full screen, but why is that? Do I lose anything running full screen window mode? To my eyes videos seemed to look slight better in full screen window mode. And I'm not getting any tearing with vertical sync off so I'm guessing I might as well keep it off as well. But not sure I understand those settings.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sluggish performance0