Android Anyone using a USB tuner with Android set-top
In my shopping for an android set-top, I have seen some companies(like the jynxbox android hd) sell a usb tuner that will allow you to watch / record ATSC OTA.

Anyone here using one? Do you need a custom plug-in?
surrey you need to be running a back end?
I don't know. I know XBMC needs a backend, but some vendors are stating that you can watch OTA with the usb tuner on the device itself.
? is there a backend then? or even a wip?
TV headend can support some Geniatech TV tuners on windows and linux, don't know if when will it support Android.
There are backends that will run on ARM processors, but I don't know of any XBMC compatible backends that work on Android yet. Of course, you can run the backend on something else and then use XBMC frontend on Android, but it would be really awesome to have both running on Android.
Someone could try asking Geniatech, to make their HiDTV app for Android compatible with XBMC PVR. It enables playback of DVB video streams but I cant recall if it records, it's been ages since I tried it last. It's included on the models which have an integrated DVB tuner on them though some of the MyGica USB tuners should also work. The T119 was bundled with some of the very first generation Geniatech boxes. You can grab various versions of the HiDTV app from over here if interested.

Of course such a solution may only work with boxes running Geniatech firmware if the DVB tuner drivers are only present in their builds.
Geniatech does have a few models of tv tuner for android,including t2 and s2 tuner,is there anybody who has other brand tuner working on android?
I'm using the ATSC software posted above from the XBMC Android forum, but when scanning for channels it doesn't seem to have a selection for Canada!
(2013-09-19, 20:14)Gnomon Wrote: I'm using the ATSC software posted above from the XBMC Android forum, but when scanning for channels it doesn't seem to have a selection for Canada!

Choose USA then, or Korea
I am looking for a similar device - an USB ATSC tuner running on Android and XBMC to watch and record OTA.
Do anyone use any device successfully?
Does Geniatech USB ATSC tuner (mentioned in this thread) work on Android and XBMC?
(2013-11-06, 08:03)albertkao Wrote: I am looking for a similar device - an USB ATSC tuner running on Android and XBMC to watch and record OTA.
Do anyone use any device successfully?
Does Geniatech USB ATSC tuner (mentioned in this thread) work on Android and XBMC?
As I know, works on Android by using an apk call HiDTV, but not XBMC yet
Personally,if you want to watch/record ATSC, you just need an Android OTT with PVR function or IPTV. What you said i feel it will be inconvenient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone using a USB tuner with Android set-top0