Addons per profile user
I just upgraded to frodo V12 and installed a bunch of addons on my master profile. I created another profile for the kids and wanted to just add specific addons for them to use or have in favs. I understand that since eden the addons is now global in all profiles however can I disable the addons that I dont want the kids to have access to in their profile?

Also are the settings for each addon seperate also? I am trying to use the hulu addon by bluecop however my login settings for the kids profile are also set as the master settings profile login.

Just wondering how addons work on profiles as of frodo.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
id like to know more info on this as well..

What i do for the user profiles (non-admin) is i create home screen items to the plugins i want them to use, and remove links to the addons page, and lock adding more addons. This atleast keeps them out of what i dont want them in. the settings however, i do not know. I think in Eden, the settings were user based.. each user should have an addon or addon_data folder in their profile folder... that should have custom settings on a per user, and if there are none there then the settings from master profile take over (or so it seems with my use).

Tho i dont really user the hulu or youtube plugins with custom logins, so i cannot comment on those.
Yes, it does maintain separate add-on settings profiles for each XBMC user profile. I just verified with Pandora. You can easily test this yourself for a particular add-on: On your master user profile, specify your log-in credentials for the add-on; switch to another user profile and open the settings page for that same add-on and if the credentials page is blank, then you know it's a separate add-on profile than the one for the master user.
artrafael, Thanks for the response. I have tried this with the addon hulu. I have two seperate logins one for kids which has their subscriptions and one for adults which has their subscriptions on it. I installed it on the master profile. Then I set the settings with the login info and export to library default folder. I then exported the subscriptions to the library and added the hulu deafult tv folder as a source and set content. It added all the shows to my library and works.

I then went into the kids profile. I went to the hulu addon settings and I put in the login info for the kids. I made a hulukids folder on the atv2 via cyberduck. I changed the default folder to another folder in the settings to this path /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.hulu/hulukids
I then go to subscriptions in hulu and all my adult shows show up and not the hulu kids shows. I dont get a login notification or anything when going into the hulu addon so for some reason it looks like it still has me logged as the adult profile.

I went into the settings for login and changed it again to the kids login info and still doesnt update my subscriptions to the kids shows.
I want to know how I can just setup specific addons for a profile. Currently if I am logged in into my 2nd profile it lists ALL my enabled addons from my master profile. I only want it to list the addons that I have for downloaded for this profile.
Sorry to bump an old thread but is it now possible to disable certain addons for each profile? For example I have trakt installed on both master and adults however I don't won't this on kids; it's also a little annoying that whenever logging into kids, trakt asks for the user name and password.
It's currently not possible.
Came across this threat while searching for something unrelated, but I'll put in my experience.

When I created another profile for my kid, I too noticed it moved all the addons (VideoDevil too - yikes). After a little trial and error, I found if you go into Addon Information for each one, and select Disable, it will remove it, without effecting it on your other profile. Don't uninstall though, as it will remove it from the other profile. Seems to work fine on my box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addons per profile user0