Win A6-5400K w/ passive cooling finished
I just finished building my first HTPC last weekend. Here's the specs and couple thoughts with some pics.

Specs:
MB: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
CPU: AMD A6-5400K
CASE: HD-PLEX H5.TODD w/ 80W PSU
RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) Ripjaws X DDR3 1866 Mhz
HDD: Kingston 60GB SSDNow V300
KB: Logitech wireless K400
IR RECEIVER: HP Media Center

REMOTE: Logitech harmony 555

Windows 8

The motherboard was supposed to be able to boot from complete off state with USB device but it didn't work. So I ordered a Simerec universal IR remote switch so I could control everything with a remote. The chassis was easy to assemble with supplied instructions and the e-mail support was fast when I didn't realize to connect a wire back to the PSU from ATX connector. The passive cooling seems to be working fine ( and silent Smile )

The boot time is great, about 15sec to log in screen. Windows 8 works great with XBMC Launcher configured as a shell. I had no problems configuring the XBMC and the remote with the tutorials found in these forums. Everything worked the first time. HD-Audio sound great and picture quality is good.

Everything's in place and ready for the first boot.

The case fits nicely to the shelf.

The whole setup.
(2013-02-13, 18:34)liquid7 Wrote: CASE: HD-PLEX H5.TODD w/ 80W PSU
Great job, and enjoy it!

Do you have any issue accessing BIOS using 80W PSU?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
super jealous of your Genelecs. I'm assuming your couch is pretty close to your TV if you're using near-fields like that on a TV set up. Do you do music production or DJ or anything like that?

The build looks great, I really like the case and it fits in nicely in your entertainment center. Can you explain a little more about this Simerec universal IR remote switch? How exactly does that work (how do you get it programmed, etc.)?

EDIT: Nevermind! Totally didn't see there was a manual on the site when I goog'ed. Thanks for pointing this little guy out!
(2013-02-13, 20:09)bluray Wrote: Do you have any issue accessing BIOS using 80W PSU?

I have no issues with BIOS.

(2013-02-13, 20:19)rip_king Wrote: super jealous of your Genelecs. I'm assuming your couch is pretty close to your TV if you're using near-fields like that on a TV set up. Do you do music production or DJ or anything like that?

The build looks great, I really like the case and it fits in nicely in your entertainment center. Can you explain a little more about this Simerec universal IR remote switch? How exactly does that work (how do you get it programmed, etc.)?

EDIT: Nevermind! Totally didn't see there was a manual on the site when I goog'ed. Thanks for pointing this little guy out!
I can highly recommed the Genelecs, I have whole surround set. Sweetspot is 180cm from the TV. I don't work in music business, I just like good neutral sound of them Smile
Nice build. I have a i3-3225, but my H3.S case did not arrive yet. What's the CPU temp ?
(2013-02-14, 15:39)ZetBv Wrote: Nice build. I have a i3-3225, but my H3.S case did not arrive yet. What's the CPU temp ?

Actually I haven't installed any temperature monitoring software. When I was configuring BIOS temp was about 50C.
Wink 
I just received the Simerec universal IR remote switch. It's working perfectly! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-5400K w/ passive cooling finished0