Win Upgrading to Frodo, and a few other questions
I'm currently running XBMC on my HTPC (off the top of my head I think it is Eden). I've noticed that Frodo is now available and was thinking of upgrading. However I have a few questions, mainly relating to the HD audio, iso's and also remotes.

Most of my blurays have been ripped as an iso file which are stored on an external HDD. Currently when I play an iso file, the HTPC opens TMT5 and plays the iso via that (via changes in the playercorefactory etc). It bitstreams the HD audio to my Denon amp and everything plays fine with the lovely True HD or DTS-HD MA lights on the Denon. However, am I right in thinking that with the latest release I no longer need to use TMT5 to play the iso's and that XBMC will now play them directly, and also bitstream the HD audio to my amp (given that the Audio Engine is properly configured)? It would be really good if I didn't have to carry on using TMT5 to play the bluray iso's as I find that even though it is opened automatically etc, it's still a bit clunky compared with playing a normal dvd straight through XBMC. It also means having to close TMT5 once the film has finished.

And lastly, I've also got a Harmony remote that I use for the rest of my home cinema system. However I'd like to be able to also use it for my HTPC. I've read l;oads of threads etc about setting this up so that I can control XBMC via the Harmony, but I'm still abit unsure as to how to set it all up, what I need etc. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn the HTPC on, navigate XBMC and also turn it off using the remote, or at the very least turn the HTPC on via my iPhone or iPad and then use the remote to navigate before turning the HTPC off again using the iPhone or iPad. Can someone help?
You can do it individually or you can setup to have both players active. You can set Frodo to have playback option popup after you selected the movie, which will allow you to select either DVDPlayer or TMT5 to playback the movie. Here is playercorefactory for Frodo- post #1610 and you can setup Frodo this way- post #1629......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading to Frodo, and a few other questions0