Cache MP3's
I access my mp3 collection through webdav over https, which works great. The downside is that at the beginning of every song, it locks up for a moment as it begins downloading enough of the song to start playing. Is there anyway to get it to cache the music as it plays and KEEP it in cache? Essentially keeping a local copy of it on the hard drive until it's deleted from the server. Possibly even a way to cache 3 songs ahead as well?
Look into subsonic.org and the add-on
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
oddly enough i'm using that (madsonic version) on my sensation and the thing is SWEET. i take it that xbmc doesn't do this natively somehow?
There is an addon. Idk if its frodo compatible
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
any ideas on the name of that add-on, incase it's not in the add-on available list?
(2013-02-19, 13:07)cdogg Wrote: any ideas on the name of that add-on, incase it's not in the add-on available list?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99513

IMPORTANT:
yes, there is that, and it does work. im looking for an addon or configuration that will work for connections over SMB, https, webdav, etc. not using subsonic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache MP3's0