Video display floats in and out of alignment
I've noticed that with XBMC 12.0 my videos and/or display will randomly float or move in and out of alignment. This was not something I experienced with XBMC 11.0.

I am using the dot by dot display mode on my Pioneer 6010 television. When I start up Windows or start XBMC everything is aligned properly. No black bars on any of the edges, all text visible, etc. Image goes right to the edges. No under-scan or over-scan. I can watch a movie or a tv show or two and everything is fine. And then randomly I will notice that the display has shifted up several pixels, enough that there is a now a narrow black bar on the bottom of my display and text that was readable at the top of the display has now partially moved off screen. This will then appear in the main screen or while watching a video.

If I re-start XBMC or reboot my PC this will correct itself but it ultimately returns. If I don't re-start or reboot after a period of time it often will correct itself as well.

Using the video calibration feature is not the answer as well. When it gets out of alignment I can use the video calibration feature it to make an adjustment and re-align the display, but it will then float out of alignment after using calibration as well.

Any idea on what I can do to keep this from happening? I am driving my Pioneer 6010 display via an Nvidia GeForce GT 430 card. Any settings in the card itself to keep this from happening or in the display?

Thanks!
Please move this post to Windows help and support if this belongs there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video display floats in and out of alignment0