Speed up your Movie Wall Background
Ok, this may be a no brainer, but I noticed a big difference when I did this so figured Id pass it along, if you use the movie wall background, you should use a bulk image resizer to resize all the posters in your movie wall folder, personally I use Faststone photo resizer as its good and free but if you just google free bulk image resizer you'll find one you like.

Aeon Nox is set up for 1920x1080, so you should resize the posters to 225x337 as most of my posters were 1000px or more wide, you can imagine how happy my graphics card was with the new size.

Hope someone finds this tidbit useful..
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
Xbmc caches full size posters at a smaller size anyway
Does it? Ok didnt know that, it seemed to help, well in any case it will save you disk space Smile
Logo's Made So Far:
True that
Actually I don't think it does cache the images for the Movie wall, It may for other areas, but not the movie wall because if it did, and you changed the folder name where the posters were (but not the path in XBMC) it would still show some images that were already cached but it doesnt. Plus there is one hell of a difference in speed Im noticing as before it loaded the wall from top to bottom and it took a few seconds, now its almost instant, but weather thats because its caching smaller resized images or because its drawing from the resized images in the folder, Im not sure.
Logo's Made So Far:
Thanks for the tip! I wonder why I didn't think of something similiar earlier. Worked like a charm Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up your Movie Wall Background0