Is 11 better than 12 (frodo vs Eden)
Music 
So I have a 9 gig Mkv that played perfectly on Eden, but on frodo it transcodes is an looks like shiz. And my 2 gig mkvs (1080p btw for both ). I'm in windows also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
IMO, Eden was much better. Frodo has been nothing but a pain in the butt.
Come on "a 9G mkv" is meaningless - what is important is encoding, bitrate, etc.

This won't be solved without a debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In my case Frodo runs as perfect as Eden. I'm on win7. I always do a complete uninstall of the old XBMC before installing a newer release. Never had issues with it. I use MKV rips from my blu-ray collection all between 18GB - 50GB and they have all varying bitrates. I never compress my rips further. Usíng MakeMKV. Signature displays my HW setup. Streaming from my server over LAN. All runs smooth and consistent.

I guess you need to check your video / audio settings. There are differences from Eden to Frodo.
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
(2013-02-14, 10:20)goAMinD Wrote: In my case Frodo runs as perfect as Eden. I'm on win7. I always do a complete uninstall of the old XBMC before installing a newer release. Never had issues with it. I use MKV rips from my blu-ray collection all between 18GB - 50GB and they have all varying bitrates. I never compress my rips further. Usíng MakeMKV. Signature displays my HW setup. Streaming from my server over LAN. All runs smooth and consistent.

I guess you need to check your video / audio settings. There are differences from Eden to Frodo.

This is exactly the case, especially the audio settings. All audio receivers options are turned on while most likely you're pc don't support it. This causes the choppy/slow mo play of videos.
Kodi v20.1,Nokia Streaming BOX 8000 & 8010 , Synology DS920+, Polestar 2. Amsterdam, Netherlands
(2013-02-14, 11:46)TyKH Wrote: This is exactly the case, especially the audio settings. All audio receivers options are turned on while most likely you're pc don't support it. This causes the choppy/slow mo play of videos.
Unfortunately the default settings for the new AudioEngine were chosen to provide the best quality output on a fully capable system with HDMI rather than ensuring greatest compatibility with the vast range of differing systems & setups people have, so it you haven't got a fully capable system problems can be encountered with Frodo meaning tweaking has to be done which is not good for the beginner.

This has been raised within the Team that the defaults should be aim to get every system working with at least some kind of audio to ensure the best experience the beginner, then the people who anal about their bit perfect passthrough & HD audio will generally understand the settings better & thus better able to tweak to their requirements.
(2013-02-14, 12:16)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 11:46)TyKH Wrote: This is exactly the case, especially the audio settings. All audio receivers options are turned on while most likely you're pc don't support it. This causes the choppy/slow mo play of videos.
Unfortunately the default settings for the new AudioEngine were chosen to provide the best quality output on a fully capable system with HDMI rather than ensuring greatest compatibility with the vast range of differing systems & setups people have, so it you haven't got a fully capable system problems can be encountered with Frodo meaning tweaking has to be done which is not good for the beginner.

This has been raised within the Team that the defaults should be aim to get every system working with at least some kind of audio to ensure the best experience the beginner, then the people who anal about their bit perfect passthrough & HD audio will generally understand the settings better & thus better able to tweak to their requirements.

Maybe something for the next release, to have all the receiver options off and a info popup box when you first enter settings just like when you enter the video.

I had used Eden very shortly because I didn't have a HTPC till mid December. I have a simple setup = HTPC connected with HDMI to my TV. While most videos work I noticed that the newer vids had problems (slow-mo play). When I saw the audio settings I just simply turned the options off one by one and Voila!
Kodi v20.1,Nokia Streaming BOX 8000 & 8010 , Synology DS920+, Polestar 2. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ok, I'm trying to setup a debug log, so after I enabled it under setting, then restarted xbmc to show the startup, and then I recreated the problem.

How do I end the debugging session? I looked up where the xbmc.log is located (and searched in the search bar) and can't find it. So I believe I'm not completing the debug log process. Can I have further instructions please?

Thank you in advance.
clicking in google search: xbmc wiki Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is 11 better than 12 (frodo vs Eden)0