Win Frodo keyboard.xml modifications
I just upgraded to Frodo. With Eden I was able to add the script below to the keyboard.xml file and my remote control would allow me to go a movie that started with a desired letter of the alphabet. Similar to SMS texting I was able to go to my movies whose title started with the letter "O" by pressing the number "6" on my remote control three times.

*-With Eden the path to the keyboard.xml file was: C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

*-With Frodo the path has changed. I found a keyboard.xml file in the following path: "C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\Xbmccustomregis

I added the script to the keyboard.xml file I found in Frodo but it didn't work. I don't know if that is even the correct file that I am supposed to modify the keyboard/remote functions. Can someone tell me how to get the SMS texting function working on Frodo?

Any Ideas would be appreciated. I'm new at this so please dumb it down.

<MyVideoLibrary>
<keyboard>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
<delete>Delete</delete>
<space>Playlist</space>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
</keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>
The path in frodo is the same as Eden should still be in C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-02-15, 19:28)saitoh183 Wrote: The path in frodo is the same as Eden should still be in C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

The file is not there. I even copied the keymap.xml file to that driectory and pasted the SMS script to it but it didn't work. I uninstalled Eden before I installed Frodo rather than installing Frodo over Eden.I don't know if that makes a difference.
You may have erased your old keyboard.xml file from that location when you uninstalled Eden?

Maybe your remote control numeric buttons are seen as the numeric pad numbers rather than as the numbers from the top row of the keyboard? You can check by enabling debug logging, pressing a couple of the numeric buttons on your remote and then reviewing the xbmc.log to see how those keypresses were recognized by XBMC. If they are indeed recognzied as numeric pad number keys, then change your key mapping accordingly:
Code:
:
<numpadtwo>JumpSMS2</numpadtwo>
<numpadthree>JumpSMS3</numpadthree>
:
(2013-02-15, 21:15)artrafael Wrote: You may have erased your old keyboard.xml file from that location when you uninstalled Eden?

Maybe your remote control numeric buttons are seen as the numeric pad numbers rather than as the numbers from the top row of the keyboard? You can check by enabling debug logging, pressing a couple of the numeric buttons on your remote and then reviewing the xbmc.log to see how those keypresses were recognized by XBMC. If they are indeed recognzied as numeric pad number keys, then change your key mapping accordingly:
Code:
:
:

I did erase the old keyboard.xml file when I uninstalled Eden but I added the SMS script to the keyboard.xml file found in C:\Users\Rich\AppData\Roaming\Xbmccustomregis after installing Frodo. I enabled debug and opened the XBMC.log file but I don't have a clue what any of it means. I can copy and paste the whole thing if needed. Just to try it I added the script you suggested to the keyboard.xml and still no luck. Here is what I added:

<MyVideoLibrary>
<keyboard>
<numpadfour>JumpSMS4</numpadfour>
<numpadfive>JumpSMS5</numpadfive>
<numpadsix>JumpSMS6</numpadsix>
<numpadseven>JumpSMS7</numpadseven>
<numpadeight>JumpSMS8</numpadeight>
<numpadnine>JumpSMS9</numpadnine>
<numpaddelete>Delete</numpaddelete>
<numpadspace>Playlist</numpadspace>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
</keyboard>
</MyVideoLibrary>

Thanks
Are you sure the keyboard.xml file in that location is being read (processed)? You should place just your custom keymaps in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/keyboard.xml and they will override the installation defaults:
Code:
<keymap>
  <MyVideoLibrary>
    <keyboard>
       :  (your key mappings)
       :
    </keyboard>
  </MyVideoLibrary>
</keymap>

You can upload the contents of your debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL for your uploaded log here so others can review it. Be sure this log captures your pressing the remote's number buttons while viewing XBMC's video library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo keyboard.xml modifications0